660 deal fell through (long rant)

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slamdam97

Reaction score
So with all the trouble I've had with my warrior lately I was getting real sick of working on it. I was checkin out ebay and found a sweet 660 all hooked up with GYTR **** and DMC exhaust etc... Thing was mad clean. Dude said he wanted to get a sportbike and would consider trades. So I sent him an email and told him about my bike. Its a 90 FZR1000 worth like $2300. I figured what the hell. He liked the bike and said if I threw in $400 bucks he would do it. Sweet, so I asumed all was good cuz he said so, and I was willing to pay the extra. So I told him OK and I used the buy it now on the 660 cuz I didn't want someone else to buy it after we had set up a deal. So all was ready to go, I put up my part out thread, figured I could part the warrior out, put back to stock, get the thing running right again, and sell it. I would have made enough money by then plus my Christmas bonus to get another bike by spring... Dude calls me late that night all pissed. He was like "we didn't set it in stone and my girlfriend talked me out of getting a 'rocket', she said I need the money for Christmas". PUSSY... GROW SOME BALLS AND GET A BIKE IF YOU WANT ONE!!! So we had to go through this big ordeal with ebay to cancel the transaction because "buy it now" is a binding contract. Of course I had already paypaled him the deposit he wanted... What a pain in the ass. OK sorry this was so long, just had to get this off my chest....

this type of stuff happens more then you think on ebay. Inless your dealing with ebay stores which goes alot smoother.

I was checking that raptor out aswell!! Sorry u didnt get it!

this type of stuff happens more then you think on ebay. Inless your dealing with ebay stores which goes alot smoother.

I have had close to 150 transactions on ebay and have had problems only 4 times... only once I was pissed after it was settled.

Yeah, this is my 2nd problem in over 100 transactions. I was just pissed cuz the guy was being a pussy after he said we had a deal.

dude that sucks!!!! hey at least now,you can look for a BETTER one,like a nice used 450?or a nice used warrior again?

That bad? Are they totally different from the 700? I Have ridden a couple 700s and my only real concern is the FI. Not sold on it yet for a quad that takes so much abuse. My thoughts were that a 660 is almost the same quad, just with a carb.

i kinda thought the same thing about the 660s. i was thinking about a 660 but after hearing so many bad things on here about them, i dont know if i'm gonna get one or not. i would love a 700, but i cant afford new and they havent been out long enough to find used ones at decent prices. the 660s on the other hand are everywhere and are fairly cheap.

That bad? Are they totally different from the 700? I Have ridden a couple 700s and my only real concern is the FI. Not sold on it yet for a quad that takes so much abuse. My thoughts were that a 660 is almost the same quad, just with a carb.

The 660 is a completely dif machine from the 700 - Yamaha completely re-did the raptor.

I am not sold on the FI either.

It is not a "smart" system at all. It can only do minor changes in humidity and some altitude changes.

Even the simplest of mods and you have to put in a fuel controller ranging from $200 to $500 (compared to a $3 jet) and then it is guess work to get those dialed in or downloading a map that is supposed to be for your mods. Look how you can have two similar bikes with the same mods, yet they both run a little better with different jets/mixture settings.

Now once they start putting O2 sensors on and the computer can make on the fly adjustments according to exhaust gasses, then the FI will be something.

Back