$500 budget need ideas

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WarriorRider80

Reaction score
like the title says. I already have a full set of shocks coming from an 05 banshee. Current mods are the full FMF Powerbomb, UNI filter, Jetted, Nerfs, Twisty (which im getting rid of), Bars, Grips basically all the cosmetics i need. Wanna get best bang for my buck. Not really looking to bore it out, but possibly just replace with new stock internals. Im a trail rider and im happy with the power i have now. So, im just looking for a collaboration of possibilities. Throw whatever you got at me

So you are looking to freshin up the engine? Bore it out if you need to, install a 10.25:1 wiseco or 10.5:1 JE, stage one hot cam, porting the head would be best, vito's key, new timing chain. Btw, I'm thinking about parting out my engine. P&p head, stage 1 hotcam, .040" 10.25:1 wiseco, etc... roughly 750 miles on it.

Yeah Gen just a freshen up maybe. A-Arms would be great, would the banshee shocks be ok with +2's? because they're bought and paid for

Thats kinda the way i'm headed, more of an overhaul with a bit of pep in there. Not a big fan of downtime because i ride almost every weekend. Would the vitos key be a noticable difference on my stock motor? I've read good things about timing keys on other makes of quads with just stock motors

Other extra's you could do would be tires, (Holeshots) and skid plates. Both help for trail riding and whatnot. What tires you got on it now?

I have holeshots on the rear with around 85% tread left so im good there plus i got a buddy with 4 or five quads 2 of which are banshees so i've got access to tires and wheels pretty much all the time. I was thinking about all the wheel bearings and axle bearings, new pads in the rear, fronts are new, just asking for input because i draw a blank sometimes. There's alot i can do with 500 so i'm just trying to put a good list together

Oh, just flip the front wheels for a while and see if that's what you want. Some trail riders don't like wide quads for trails, I have a buddy I ride with like that. Flipped wheels look Badass on the Warrior, you have to change out the stem for a flush mount or drill the wheel on the other side for a stem and put another then the hole in the other side just gets a stem in backwards.

I did flip the wheels it DOES look much better with the wider stance. rode local trails with no problem so i'll leave em. I flipped the old stems and drilled for new ones on the other side. worked great and cheap 3.99 for two stems at Advance Auto.

Not too sure. The cam was 125 new, the head 200. I can provide the specs on the head. I don't think that 220 shipped is a bad price. Has stock springs.

+2 a arms
Hotcam
Vito's key
Money spent!

^X3... I wouldn't open the motor less I had too. The S1HC is a nice little power boost and the arms are a very good improvement. Don't know bout the key, no experience with it but I hear it's good.

Back