450r or yfz/ New gear

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I rather save the grand on the LTR and put the 1,000$ into a better higher quality axle/A-Arm set then what comes stock on it... 450R or YFZ.
Thats what I was thinking.

I feel your pain klutch. All 3 are awesome. And I really like the LTR. My warrior is my first quad so I am sort of yamaha loyal now since I have had NO problems out of it. But when the times come I might break out of the box and give the honda or suzuki 450s a try. But you got the right idea on wanting to ride the honda before you make the jump.

When I bought my warrior after I signed the papers the dealership said take it for a spin. I killed it 5 times before I got to ride it. It was the first time I'd ever rode a quad with a clutch. Had I rode one before hand I probably would have been like **** this been pissed and decided against it. HAHAHA...But all the paper work was done and it was mine so I had to learn.
Yeah, I dont think i want to go suzuki again lol, I have had alot of problems with my z in the past.
ha atleast you got to ride yours when you bought it, I was in the middle of a hurricane feeder ban, Kept askin pop if i can take it out for a ride anyways, but he said a roof migth land on me ;D
Cant wait till sunday, I get to ride that hooked up yfz at the trak again ;D Trying to see if my nieghbor will sell it too me cheap ::)

If I were you I'd give it one more year because by then kawasaki, polaris, can-am, and ktm will all have 450's out too.

If I were you I'd give it one more year because by then kawasaki, polaris, can-am, and ktm will all have 450's out too.

But those will be first year models. I don't know about you people, but I try to stay away from First year models of Anything, cars, trucks, mtn bikes... Who knows what will go wrong with them. No precedent of problems to watch for. And A Lot less aftermarket parts are available for them.
Though I am anxious to see what they come out with, I don't think they would make for that good of a swap on something your going to be jumping 40+ feet. Who knows the alum frame may be nice for trail riding, but if you case a jump...
~Bill

[quote:8e2cgn67]If I were you I'd give it one more year because by then kawasaki, polaris, can-am, and ktm will all have 450's out too.

But those will be first year models. I don't know about you people, but I try to stay away from First year models of Anything, cars, trucks, mtn bikes... Who knows what will go wrong with them. No precedent of problems to watch for. And A Lot less aftermarket parts are available for them.
Though I am anxious to see what they come out with, I don't think they would make for that good of a swap on something your going to be jumping 40+ feet. Who knows the alum frame may be nice for trail riding, but if you case a jump...
~Bill[/quote:8e2cgn67]
Exactly, I'd rather stick around teh two brands who have already had 450's out, and worked otu all the bugs.

who says hybrids are a pain, people who dont own them!

if you have mechanical skill and a concept of maintaining your bike then they are a blast to ride, and are as fast or faster than production bikes

klutch,i have rode my freinds 06 450r and i am 13,120lbs and 5'6.it was like a dream! there is so much power on tap (ALOT MORE THAN A RECON) but i have sat on both a yfz, and a 450r and personally i like the 450r it has better foot peg and handle bar relations imo.i wouldnt buy the new lt-r yet,they say the rear shock mount isnt strong enough and the frame is to weak.but it does look cool.the mags say that the yfz is more track based becuse if the tires,but you can change that easliy.if i where you i would buy a 450r if so make it an 06.the 450r and yfz are oth excellent quads and it really dosnt matter what quad is wins a race it all depends on ride ability.but i like the new 06 450r.

i wouldnt buy the new lt-r yet,they say the rear shock mount isnt strong enough and the frame is to weak

Thats a recall and is being fixed on the models that are affected by this.

Well no point in starting another thread on another topic, I'll just split it with this one,
But I need some suggestions on new gear. Pop is taking me the 14th I think to get new gear and look at the 06 r. Anything I should look for, Vented, non vented? Starting to get real hot down here in miami :D

I'd go with vented. you can always get something like a thermal layer, or under armor for th colder months.
~Bill

Buy the one that fits you best, period. Sit on all 3, if one feels better just buy it , doesnt matter what anyone tells you. If I just listened to all the guys at the riding spot I wouldve bought a yfz which would have been a big mistake (for me) and Id be stuck pretending I was happy with my purchase. Most of my buying regrets have been from listening to others instead of listening to myself. By the one you like and **** what anyone else thinks, theyre all good and cost about the same. Good luck.

convert the 06 spindles to 05 and an hrc kit........pop!!! power up the ass.

sorry for adding another post haha

Back