450r or yfz/ New gear

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klutchbuster350

Reaction score
Damn it, Its time for a new quad, I dont know wether to get an 06 450r ( good deal on it) or an older yfz. The 06 is from the dealer, with a few bolt ones, no biggie, But i could probably find a modded yfz for the same price as the 450r. I just dont know what to get, I really liek the way the r looked, but the yfz looks bad ass to, I dont know what to do :'(
opinions?

if you can take test rides bro, honestly this is a wast of a post for me cuz i couldnt decide either, but like i said if at all possible test ride and find the best deal, they are both pretty kick ass, oh yeah and why are you gettin a new quad?

if you can take test rides bro, honestly this is a wast of a post for me cuz i couldnt decide either, but like i said if at all possible test ride and find the best deal, they are both pretty kick ass
The dealer wont let you test ride untill you have a contract signed, and then you basically bought the bike, I'm going to be spending alot of time on a yfz these upcoming weeks, so if I like that alot I'd have to go with that. Just those 450r's look sick!

yeah, sometimes they will let you ride though, i know my some place let my dad test ride when he was lookin around for a quad and he wasnt buying anything without my input so... lol yeah go for the better deal and good luck

450r bro..... i feel so cramped on a yfz. i don't know how they do it all day at a track. maybe thats why i see so many hondas on the podium haha.

you should ride one before anything.

i test rode a yfz and hated it....almost everything about the r suits me. even the engine feels peppier than a piped yfz. ride it and then compare!!

i dont make that mistake anymore. try it before you say ****!!

Yea, I agree with the whole test ride thing. The only reason they want to have a contract written up is if you wreck it at all they can say You break, You buy... But I'd wait and see if you see any deals on a YFZ, then go in and tell them, it's either you let me test ride it to see how I like it. or I'm going for the YFZ. make it seem that that is the only way they will be able to sell you on it. Not That many people are buying 450's, I mean they are selling, but it's not like they sell 3-4 a day. If they can sell one, they should do what it takes to do so.
~Bill

I say spend a bit more and get a newer YFZ (06+) - even though its down to personal opinnion the 06 models and up feel WAY dif then the previous years. A stock 450R feel more peppy then a piped YFZ? rofl... I dont think so.

You're into mx a lot.. so go for a new LT-R and save yourself the hassle!!
Well thats what the new bike is for, mx, I would LOVE an lt-r, buts its a whole grand more :-/
I really dont know what to get lol, I personally think the 450r looks the best but a yfz just feels so god damn powerful! I 'm not basing my chioce on looks, the 450r rips too!

. A stock 450R feel more peppy then a piped YFZ? rofl... I dont think so.

hahahahaha thats what i was thinkin. read ANY of the magazines that test the 3 of these bikes, and the YFZ comes out as the best overall bike, but also with the best performing motor.....the honda always finishes last....until u start modding the piss out of it. The first thing i had to change on my yfz was raise the handle bars....being over 6' tall, those low stock bars were not comfortable, but now...LOVE IT.

I say spend a bit more and get a newer YFZ (06+) - even though its down to personal opinnion the 06 models and up feel WAY dif then the previous years. A stock 450R feel more peppy then a piped YFZ? rofl... I dont think so.

i thought the same thing untill i tried one... **** magazines. they are all extremely biased to hype.

it was an 04 so maybe thats the difference you find. he had a wb slip on, jetted, and intake as far as performance. the thing felt heavy and accelerated like ****.

and for all those that go by magazines i will restate...

Try it before you say ****!

i was always dissapointed with the fact that yfzs are faster.... not until i tried one.

klutch- your best bet is an ltr. you cant beat it anywhere, and your style of riding will adapt best to it due to its features resembling some of the z400.

It's just so damn expensive =[
I just found out their is a kid in my nieghborhood with a 450r, So i'm trying to get him to go to the track with it so we could swap bikes for a little bike, seeing as most my riding will be their.

y are u gettin a new bike already?? didnt u just get the z not too long ago
I got it in january, but My parents got it for me thinking I'd be riding how i use to, trials, **** like that, But dad stopped ridign due to work, so i started riding at the track with my nieghbor, I eventually get hooked. Now i want to take it a tad bit more serious, and you cant do that on a 400, Im pinned on that thing most of the time, but i still get passed by the bigger bikes, and its hard to come up with the power you need for the techincal high speed stuff. So i need a faster bike ;D

i hear that bro..... can't go wrong with a any 450 thou.

even a close friend says mine just has the power.

**** production bikes, hybrida are where its at!

and a price of a FULL built hybrid is equivalent to an 0TD at a dealership on a new bike!

I rather save the grand on the LTR and put the 1,000$ into a better higher quality axle/A-Arm set then what comes stock on it... 450R or YFZ.

I feel your pain klutch. All 3 are awesome. And I really like the LTR. My warrior is my first quad so I am sort of yamaha loyal now since I have had NO problems out of it. But when the times come I might break out of the box and give the honda or suzuki 450s a try. But you got the right idea on wanting to ride the honda before you make the jump.

When I bought my warrior after I signed the papers the dealership said take it for a spin. I killed it 5 times before I got to ride it. It was the first time I'd ever rode a quad with a clutch. Had I rode one before hand I probably would have been like **** this been pissed and decided against it. HAHAHA...But all the paper work was done and it was mine so I had to learn.

Back