Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd still take a can-am or LTR over a yfz. i'd trade my right leg and R1 for a Renegade 800 lol.

I had the sx125 for a short period and lost money on it... i told myself i wouldn't buy another unless it's one i wanted to keep lol

yamaha before the went to the fuel injection,,, if you look at bill balance's quad its a new one but with a carb kit on it,,,

i will always take a carb over fuel injection... i can tune a carb and make it do what i want it to do. The only things i own that have fuel injection are my crotch rockets :p my truck has a carb, my car is carbonated :p. you can just do so much more with a carbed engine

Fuel injection is superior in every way over a carburetor ... starts right up in the cold, idles perfect, adjust on the fly with varying conditions .... It has input from sensors that let it think for itself ..It literally knows whats going on around you and keeps that air/fuel mixture perfect......with a few mods and a new fuel map the power delivery puts the antiquated carb to shame.... Ill admit I too enjoy messing with carbs especially because they are all mechanical, and if the computer or driver on an injected bike takes a **** then the carb wins!

um in my book... no carbs are wonderful. to much expensive electronic **** on fuel injection that WILL **** up. i know electronics as i have had CB's in my trucks since the time i could drive lol i tweak and tune them for my dads friends. and electronics DO fail and are expensive to replace. 99 times out of 100 i can get a carbed engine to run better and harder than a injected engine... it's all in the know how and i grew up hot rodding SBC's and believe me if you seen what i've done to carbs your **** a gold brick because you'd swear i screwed it up :)

I agree with warriorgirl, anytime you change something on EFI you have to map it, pipe, map it, cam, map it, and most shop charge up to 300 bucks and can take a long time to get right. Carbs are easy to work on, easy to repair can get parts for them any where. EFI if it fails by all new computer parts, injectors are exspensive and touchy. Mess with it wrong and you ruined a good injector. For me carbs all the way.

ive gotta a yfz 450 and i love it but for me to much for woods the raptor feels quicker in tight woods and doesn't ware you out as fast but as far as on the motocross track the yfz kicks but

as far as fuel injection it expensive to fix and for off road vehicles it in it infancy so there will be problems and carbs are easy to work on and for many its common knowledge with on tuning them were as fuel injection may bring better performance its just its new and expensive and many people are wary of it since its new and if it does decide to commit suicide you cant limp home and your goin to be out more money also tuning is more expensive

Any honda 450 newer then 04 the trans will blow outhe casses if rode hard
the 08 and onler yamahas arnt fully ballenced so they shake allot and the foot peg bolts won't tsay tight long and their rear subframe is weak the can ams older then 09 had som minor motor issues with their rear motor mouts cracking casses and the clutch squacking from not being oiled but that goes away after like 5min of riding the kfx's are power monsters when modded but the front arms r weak and the camber is out of wack on the oem a arm houser tric track arms fix it completely. I don't know of any problems with the ltrs but I don't know of any one in east tx that has one the ktms are just to dang expencive!

Yea fuel injection is exspensive, to put it on and work on it, you pay for it at the dealer, plus parts good luck on working on it and fixing it, unless your good with computer controled injections. Last I heard its about 300 bucks to get a good fuel mapping done and thats every time you change something, different air filter map it, change exhaust map it, cam map it. To me carbs is the only way to go, I wish my truck still had a carb, manual vacuum operated shifting tranny, they were easy to work on.

duneracer, what have you heard about 400ex's? My dad has a 07 had it since think mid last summer.

400ex's are the honda version of a warrior you can't kill the things! But make no mistake they arnt power houses your extreamly lucky to get more then 40 horse out of them

Well it feel more than what my warrior is and his all stock, could be its new to and maybe lighter. If the yfz 450 had reverse I would want one.

The KFX would be my choice, couple years old id take even.

I want a can am cuz I'm 6'2 and it the only one tall enough for me and they did win th ama mx searies this year kfx's ar rediculice when modded

I read that about the kfx's in a dirtwheels shootout. I have no personal experience with them, but I would love to dig my thumb into the throttle of a modded kfx.

CAN AM only won because of Ron Woods and its riders.. if youre using your height as an excuse, thats why the make bar risers and drop pegs. i cant find that issue of dirtwheels but im pretty sure KFX won the shootout due to them sinking more into the motor..

reverse isnt needed.. lean over the bars, grab some front brake and rip the throttle. youll turn around faster than anyone with reverse. i do it everytime we ride

hmmmm im kinda likin the new z400

im just waitin for yamaha to come out with a raptor 400

Don't think they ever will unless they discontinue the raptor 350 to make a raptor 400, if they do they need to redo the whole engine. The raptor 350 engine is the warrior engine just renamed. If they kept everything like it was on the warrior, then the reverse would be tricky, hard neutral, would have the shift linkage. It would be nice to a completely new done raptor 400 with alot better stuff to it.

Back