446 problems, motor build

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah throw that setup together and you'll be plenty satisfied. i think if i can ever save my money again i'm going to send my head off to get the +1 valve installed along with a 252 cam like i fucked up on mine when i forgot to torque the cam bolt...i still kick myself for that.

i know what that leads too.. hence my first experience ripping my engine apart.. i only had about 20 mns on it after i bought it.. guess someone had been in there tinkerin...

~L~

Je pistons in the mail, when it comes in ill send the cylinder off for a bore then ill get it together with my fst head
Heres my carb it looks to be 37mm a mikuni flat side and i think it has an accel pump not sure
d7be6fb8.jpg

lookin like this is it
Chassis | Suspension | Controls

Frame: Stock
A Arms: +2 ASR Pc Candy Blue by Capital
Swingarm: Converted Roundhouse
Steering Stem: Stock
Stabilizer: N/A
Axle: G Force
Carrier: Lonestar Dual Row Billet
Locknut: G Force
Hubs F|R: Stock
Bars: Protaper SE
Throttle/Clutch Lever: Stock
Grips: Renthal
Nerfs: Pro Armor
Pegs: Pro Armor
Bumper: PRM/ Blingstar
Grab Bar: DG
Front Shocks: Works Triple Rates
Rear Shock: Banshee
Brake Pads: EBC
Brake Lines: braided Calipers: YFZ
Rotors F|R: Stock
Rims F|R: Douglas .190/ Stock
Tires F|R: Razr/ GNCC/ Mud Lite

Body

Plastic: Stock/ cut fronts
Graphics|Seat Cover: Deadlast/ Stock
Number Backgrounds: Deadlast
Handguards: Powermadd
Bar Pad: Protaper
Fuel Tank: Stock
Skids plates: Plastic Engine skid/ Aluminum rear skid
Lighting: Stock

Engine|Drive System

Cylinder Head: FST Ported/ +1mm valves
Gaskets: Cometic
Piston: JE 85mm 10.5-1
Cam|Valves Springs: Megacycle 252X1/ hd springs
Bore & Stroke: 85mm bore/65mm Stroke
Displacement: 366cc
Carburetor: 38mm Mikuni
Spark plug: NGK
Stator: Stock
Shifter: yz250
Air Filter|Box: GYT-R/ Outerwears
Header|Silencer: Powerbomb/ Pro Circuit/ Curtis Sparks
Clutch|Plates|Springs: Barnett
Gearing F|R: 14t/40t
Chain: EK Gold
CDI|Killswitch: Stock/ Alba
Cooling: Perma/ SPAL and shroud
Other:

that is exactly like the sudco carb i had a while back. i believe it is actually called a tm36, unless yours is different sized.

Yeah, I think it did have mikuni on it. I didn't use it because it was supposed to use a twist throttle and I didn't wanna swap the throttles out.

I believe these come stock on the xr400 dirtbikes too.

Supposed to be really good carbs because sudco sells them for like 500 bux. Also, that guy bryanquad ran one before the 426 swap.

Last edited:
Yes it has the accel pump too. It was exactly like yours. If i would have had the patience I could have made mine work. Surely better than the stocker.

Yep guys that is the same carb I have. That carb is top of the line and based of a RS style. Flat slide, accel pump.

If you need help with jetting let me know. The stock jet sizes won't work with it but that is ok. Once you get it tuned in it runs great.

37mm that got a butterfly in it? JW and why didnt it have a 39mm for the FST motor? that is the carb that came with it right?

i wonder why its not any bigger that had to be choking it down

Carb flows like 135 cfm which will flow more then say a round slide carb or a vacuum type of the same size..Also offers much more finer metering then other carbs.
If you figure it out the stock head doesn't flow that and the intake port isn't much bigger so it will have to be ported to take advantage anything much bigger then say 38mm. If you do go bigger with out porting and correct intake it's more hurting the response and torque of the engine.

Carb flows like 135 cfm which will flow more then say a round slide carb or a vacuum type of the same size..Also offers much more finer metering then other carbs.
If you figure it out the stock head doesn't flow that and the intake port isn't much bigger so it will have to be ported to take advantage anything much bigger then say 38mm. If you do go bigger with out porting and correct intake it's more hurting the response and torque of the engine.

hmmm, i guess i can go with that..

it would just make more sense to run something like a 39mm like they do on a 450 but thats just me. it must have about peak flow characteristics

Back