400ex dune buggy?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

02yfm350

Reaction score
It's probably really slow because of all the extra weight. It also probably handles like **** because is so long. Its a big waste of money, they tried selling that thing like 3 times before and no one bought it.

lol no way that would be good for trails.... you have to get out and go back to the engine to put it in reverse

Dude theres no way that thing would wheely, looks like it would suck in the trails.

maybe not but if you gave it a good shot of gas and the front wheels became light it would be hard to steer. and it says dune buggy so of course it will suck in the trails. I think it is a big waste of money too but its unique

Uh....how are you supposed to turn again? First time that thing ever hits an off camber dune, it's gonna roll. Best part of that thing is the 3 in. exhaust tip tac-welded onto the stock muffler. Anyone done that mod yet? lol

Wow... I can't believe nobody mentioned the simple fact of What does the passenger hold onto?? I'm sure that those verticle bars for the seat bracing is out of the question. And on top of that with how little ground clearance it has, and with the So long wheel base it has probably the WORST breakover clearance of Any vehicle I've ever seen, and that's including the stock humvee. ohh, and how soft are those shocks going to be, i mean they are going to blow on the first ride out with that much leverage on them...
~Bill

They probly just used it as a buggy for like strait flat stuff. I wonder why they just didnt buy a honda oddisy.

ya, they're old but you could always fix 'em up but fast as hell wasn't the biggest motor they had was liek a 500cc?

i think it was a 400cc but if it wasnt it was a 500 and that was a 2 stroke. then they came out with the 4 strokes. I would die for one of those, there sooo ******* sweet it would be like a little kid again riding my go-carts but much faster and funner at that.

I think the only oddesseys were 350 and 250 2 strokes, and the 250's didn't even have rear suspension. The neighbor had a 350 with works shocks on it and some other bolt-ons. They're fun, but i don't know how people control the damn things sometimes. When it gets bumpy even with the works shocks it messes up your back for the rest of the week, i can't imagine what it's like with stock ones. I also kinda got pissed off at that one because the only way to start it was with the recoil, and an engine that size really kicks your ass when you try to pull start it.

But the local shop built a wicked cool odyssey. He had one that he was having trouble selling, and was going to part it out because someone wanted just the engine. He sold the engine, then sat and stared at it for a few days. Then he tore it down the rest of the way and got everything powdercoated - metallic copper frame and everything else black. Installed 250r front suspension on it, and put a ninja 600 engine in it. I never piloted it myself, but it's the craziest thing i've ever seen when he opens it up. He put the clutch on the floor like in a car, and made the shifter like a hammer shifter on a drag car. He also put GBC Swamp foxes on all 4 corners with polished aluminum ITP T9's. It's pretty much a mini sand rail now.

actually i know and I'm positive they had a 250, 350 and pretty sure they had 400cc. And I am thinking they had a 500. but all I see on ebay is the 250 and 350 but I know I seen a 400 and possible a 500 if I remember right. And ya, those things wouldn't be good for bumpy stuff either, morie for flat tracking

hell no i would put some street slicks on those things and zoom around my town i dont think i would ever use a car if i did that, just make a fiberglass body to keep the inside dry and idk i think it would be sweet as more of a street thing then a trail thing.

the biggest Honda dune buggy was called the ''pilot 400'' they didn't make 500....I rode one of those pilot 400 one times....that thing is bad ass....but the oddysey 250 with a yamahaventure 470 engine that me and 2 of my friends was way faster.....and accelerate like hell......the only thing that was bad with the 470 was that the oddyssey 250 didn't have rear suspension....the father of one of my friend putted is warrior a-arms on a 250 oddysey that thins was so ******* large......

Back