366 piston

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Likibow

Reaction score
Hey guys i want to add some power to the warrior if i throw in a 366 je piston which camshaft and jets would help gain power? Any help is welcome thanks!

I don't know that I would jump all the way up to a 366 if your at stock bore now. Once you bore to 366 you can't bore the cylinder out anymore so if you drop a valve or something and damage your cylinder instead of boring it out you will have to replace it because you having nothing left to bore. You would probably notice better gains out of a higher compression piston some new rings a mild port and polish and maybe a new cam and some new springs in. When you go for a cam you want to think about what kind of riding you do your stage one hot cam is a all over performance cam your stage two is a big boost in the mid range and upper end and your stage three is all top end wide open power so it really depends on how and where you ride. If you have the time to send your stock cam off web cams are a big step over a hotcam as well they are pretty much ranked on the same scale your .390 is a stage one and so on

I hate to contradict you Dballard, but there is no stage 3 hotcam for warriors. The stage 1 is a mild cam that increases power. The main advantage to the hotcam stage 1 is that it allows you to use stock valves and valve springs. The web/megacycle cams do make more power, but require stiffer aftermarket valve springs. The stage 2 hotcam is designed for stroker motors, so you don't want that cam with stock stroke. As far as boring out the cylinder, the power made by the increased displacement is little, but what does increase power is bumping up the compression. That being said, only bore out your cylinder up "one" size and purchase a high compression piston if you want more power. For jetting, a big bore motor is going to need jets at least a few sizes bigger, but there are a lot of factors in jetting, so there's no real exact answer we can give you.

www.yfm350.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30079
Read up my friend. This should help you figure out what cam you want. The hotcams are both .390" lift, what separates them is duration and overlap. The stage 1 is a low to mid and stage 2 is mid to top. The stage 2 would be best for a high compression application. As far as the web .390", I haven't don't much research yet in comparing it to the stage 2 hotcam but I feel it's going to be very similar except steeper ramp angles for less compression bleed off. Those are the only ones I'd look at unless you want to do some head work. It's not that the warrior doesn't have the volume to flow the other cams, it's the rough casting giving excessive turbulent flow causing a restriction. Honestly I always recommend the stage 1 for everyone out there for a mild motor build. Also I really feel wiseco offers better now. I'd run the 11-1 with as close to stock bore as you can for the most efficient motor.

Back