3 Part Question

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SOBX

Reaction score
So, I picked up the '87 Warrior I was talking about and its got 1 issue. The axle is bent. I've looked on a few places like www.rockymountainatvmc.com and the only axle I can find is an adjustable race axle. I want one that's an inch or two over stock, but not adjustable. Is there any way I can straighten the one I got and add wheel spacers?

Next, I'd like to drain, flush, and refill all fluids. On my trucks, I usually add SeaFoam to everything (engine oil, trans, and even power steering and brake), run it for a day, then drain and replace with Amsoil. I run the new Amsoil for a week and replace again. It seems to clean everything out almost perfectly, albeit expensive haha. Should I do that with the quad?

Lastly, we ride and work on the UASF Academy Riding Stables. I'd like to quiet the exhaust down as much as possible. I looked at the FMF Power Bomb header and Power Core IV S/A Silencer, but apparently it's not too quiet, don't laugh, I didn't know lol. I would like to replace the entire exhaust. Someone please point me in the right direction.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

I can help with one of your questions. My 87 had a bent axle. I bought a used stock straight axle to replace it. As far as widening the rear, there is an easy way that cost $0. My stock rear wheels are 8" wide but the center is offset. One side is 5" and the other is 3". I "flipped" the rear wheels which widened the rear track. I am sure some guys are reading this and shaking their heads, but I am on a shoe string budget and have noticed no ill effects from this so far. I would also like to know about the best way to flush the engine.

Also, FMF has a quiet core silencer but I don't know how silent it really is. I do know for a fact that if you want a quiet exhaust, stay away from HMF, lol.

I agree with Frit on flipping your rear tires to make it wider now for exhaust i cant say, i have a yoshimira muffler on my 01 and its just alittle louder than stock i think but i also have a BigGun muffler on my 88 and its loud!!! Im an Exhaust Tech at a shop and i can tell you if you want more performance its going to get louder no matter what..

I got a stock axle off my 01 I'd sell ya for cheap if you want it.

How do you figure shipping? I'm clueless ha ha

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

I'll weigh/measure it and give send you quote

That axle won't work if I remember right a 87 has a different axle? Or was that just the carrier?

What do you have against adjustable axles? It's a coller design and bullet proof.

As for pipes.. It's gonna get louder...

Just the carrier is different .... Axle is the same

Sorry didn't see that pat had posted but yeah pats right

Back