3 Ball bearings fell out of the oil drain

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparkymichigan

Reaction score
OK so this is a stretch to figure out.
I drained my oil today just for a routine change. And out fell 3 ball bearings.They measure 6.1mm.
There has been no unusual noise. The only thing that doesn't function properly is the starter clutch.
Any ideas?

whoa! you better investigate that a little further. the bigger ball bearings would be in the crankshaft bearings. not sure about others in there. definitely a head scratcher.

well there is no way for the starter clutch bearings to fall out unless the flywheel separates from it.
I would pull the cam cover off the side of head and make sure the cam bearing is still in tact otherwise it might be balls from a bearing in the trans or something don't run her till you find out exactly where they came from.

OK, so I'm trying to remember. I think the guy who sold it to me torched the can bearing.
I think I remember a couple months ago we were talking about the size and number of balls in the can bearing. Does anyone remember.

can bearing? do you mean camshaft bearing? my cam bearing went out a couple weeks ago. you need to strip it down and search with a fine tooth comb. if in fact it is the cam then you'll be looking for 10 little balls and all the little bearing cage pieces. good luck

YES! Much good luck to you sparkymichigan!
These are the things I am terrified of! Mainly because I never have extra money for repairs and I am not quite savvy enough to make repairs on my own!

Back