250 2 stroke engine swap.?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heyhey

Reaction score
I was wondering would it be worth buy a 250 2 stroke engine and dropping it in my 350?Would the 2 stroke have enough bottom end power to pull the quad around?More bottom end power than the stock motor?I would hope.Would this be a good or bad idea?

http://www.yfm350.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25827&highlight=yz250

i wouldnt mount it like this one tho .... i would mount to the swinger
Yes definitely come off the swinger! It'll make it easier to mount, and help cut down on vibes..
As for torque, it depends on the 250 you can get? Is it a liquid cooled, or air cooled 250?
An older liquid cooled YZ250, can make 45hp, and decent torque. But they rev pretty high.. So to find a sweet spot in the powerband you would really have to play with your gearing.

yeah I was thinking of chopping out the center of the swing arm.I was considering a 2000+ yz or cr250 engine.

i really suggest you read mathius' thread on his 490 warrior
I cut most of my old mounts out, and started right over from scratch. But mine is air cooled, finding a spot to mount the rads would be kinda tuff? But it's been done before..

i'd love to a xt350 or 600 swapped into a warrior .. mainly the 350 ... it'd be nice to a warrior 350 4 valve

that 250 in the yfz frame has one weird pipe haha

Back