22" paddles to tall for warrior?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldskoolracer

Reaction score
i have a set of sand gheckos on 10" wheels

a set of haulers on 9" wheels

but gheckos SUCK.

so found a set in missouri for 60.00 sand skates 22x10x8 on wheels

will it slow it down to much shooting dunes??

Even if it did slow it down from bogging the motor a simple gear change will fix it. The taller tire you put on will give more top speed but lose acceleration.

not reeally but depending on paddle number that will make a huge difference and if you dont spend much time in the sand a gearing change will be needed for sand riding

this is a pic of my old sand gheckos.

Attachments

• IMG_1088.jpg
    IMG_1088.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 26
I run 22" dirt and 20" paddles. If I ran 22" paddles I would go to a 12 tooth front but with the 20" there is enough low end for the sand

I wouldnt. Those are too big IMO. I got 20's on my 70hp+ raptor and I guess they are just right. I'll be changing to 22's or 23's though on a 8" rim...

my haulers are 8 paddle

i just dont wanna run those gheckos again i dont think they will work that good on a warrior.

IMG_1090.JPG

THESE ARE MY SAND HAULERS 22X11X8

The design of the paddles on the geckos is awful , they beat the **** out of you and the bike when trying to ease into the throttle from a stop. Traction wise anything more than 20hp they are almost worthless (IMO) I run 22" 7 paddle haulers on the wife's warrior and they do great , plus with the stock gearing it gives more on the top end. On the 14th front it is geared too tall for the sand , not enough bottoms end .

I wouldnt. Those are too big IMO. I got 20's on my 70hp+ raptor and I guess they are just right. I'll be changing to 22's or 23's though on a 8" rim...

Rappy97 what mods do you have on the 700?

I've never run paddles, but I would think that 20" with stock 13/40 gearing would work well in most sand conditions. 22" I would deffinetly go to a 12. I'm currently running 14/40 with 22x11-9 and have no complaints. I have a 13 that I may throw on it and see how it feels, but it seems alright as is.

I have a set of 20" sand stars for my 700. We ran them on the Warrior last week and they did great, no issues with bogging. Our Warrior is pretty much stock motor and gearing wise.

Back