• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to YFM350 and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2009 kfx450r

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

91warrior

Reaction score
I have a 2009 kfx450r. I bought it brand new off the showroom floor a couple of years ago. I have a clear title in hand. Here is what it has:
Pro Circuit full exhaust
PRM complete skid plates (a-arms, engine, and swing arm, been on since quad was a month old)
Dyna jet PCV fuel controller with auto tune, has an oxygen sensor welded into the exhaust to self tune the fuel injection
Fuel Customs intake modified to fit into a stock airbox
Pro Armor Fat Pegs/Heel guards (they are probably the best mod done, I love them)
Lonestar MX axle
Powermadd handguards
Motion pro twist throttle
Some for aftermarket rear grab bar i bought used but not sure what brand

Only known problems:
has a starting problem on hot days after being ran, I think its the air pressure switch but havent looked into it hard.

In order to fit the fuel customs intake into the stock box, the rear fender had to be cut out and the box isnt mounted like a factory one.

I just installed brand new pivot works axle bearings in october and drilled and tapped and put a grease fitting into the axle housing to grease the axle bearings.

I have owned this quad since new and have taken great care of it. I have records of everything I have done to it and every oil change. I have ran Amsoil in it since the third oil change after it was broke in.

I am getting married this month and my truck blew a head gasket and I have school loans so kind of need some money to free things up. Quad is paid for and have title in hand. I hardly ride it anymore, my warrior is my woods machine and thats pretty much all I ride anymore, it has sat for a month or two at a time without being ridden for the past year.

$4500 pretty much firm on that, unless turned completely back to stock.

An older picture befor the nerfbars but can see the oxygen sensor in the exhaust.

Last edited:
Damn man, if I had the money, I'd buy that fucker! Or... if you were closer, I'd barter out some of it and replace the head gaskets on your truck!

I like the quad, especially the power, and have always wanted to put front long travel suspension on it to calm the front end down, but I hardly mess with it anymore. I don't think I have started it since October. I usually keep a battery tender on it in the winter time. Depending on the day I may take partial trades on a chevy/gmc TBI truck, really looking for a good rolling chassis, I have an excellent engine and tranny but the trucks body and frame rusted away on me.

Dyna jet PCV fuel controller with auto tune. I swear it runs smoother than factory with the auto tune feature throughout the entire powerband. May also entertain trades on 4x4 quads with a plow, must be pretty new and not beaten to death, someone offer me a 660 grizzly, nothing like that. Not sure what I wanna do with it so make it worth while

Why do you prefer the warrior for the woods? Just curious to learn about more types of quads...

First off is the gearing, the warrior has much better gearing. The kfx has a super tall 1st and reverse gear that in the woods makes it annoying such as getting caught up on the side of a hill. I think the kfx is geared dumb, but more so for track use. 1st gear is high and then you can rip through all the other gears in no time at all, could use 2 more gears on the top end.

Second is the seating and steering setup. The warrior is hands down more comfortable to ride all day on, even though I put a quad tech foam and seat cover on the kfx, its super hard and miserable to ride all day. The stock steering setup on the kfx is very touchy and the turning radius is much larger then the kfx.

power wise there is no comparison, the kfx rips. I would love to put cams in it to really open it up, but the way it sits its a runner. but at the end of the day, I love the comfort and easiness of the warrior.

I know about the KFX seat being miserable after only a couple hours of riding, but, I never ever thought that I would hear the Warrior is more comfortable!!! At leas stock anyway. Rappy 350 pegs, taller bar height, and an extra 1" of foam in the seat made a world of difference on mine.

yea if if was as comfortable after a long day ride as my warrior, I dont know if it would be for sale, but I really could use the money or a utility quad instead. I guess the way I have my warrior set up is perfect for my riding style, I love riding it. My brother 95 warrior isnt nearly as comfortable to me. I would love to put a kfx engine in mine if I could change the gearing in the transmission. The throttle response is insane compared to a warrior, even compared to the built engine i had before.

Dont get me wrong, the kfx is a great quad and has a ton of potential, if money wasnt an issue I would love to put a long travel front end on it and camshafts in it and let her rip but that will probably never happen.
$4000 if someone wants her

it is gone, just got back from the transfering the title, going to miss that thing, someone gave me what I wanted for it so its gone :(

I know the feeling. As much as I love my new bike, I'm still going to miss my old one.

Back