2006 Raptor 350 mods

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrbobby

Reaction score
i have a 2006 Raptor 350 and i wnated to know what would be the best exhaust to put on it.....and would k&n be the best filter to put on it?

Like I say all the time if I had a Raptor 350 I would put on either a Yosh or a GYT-R yamaha pipe which looks awsome. Both range around $300

I just ordered a Pro-Design filter kit, jet kit and a Dubach racing exhaust pipe.
K&N is a very good filter but buy it from pro-design it comes with a aluminum ring that has to be installed so that the filter clamps onto the ring it prevents leaks.
Exhaust is a personal choice depending if you like it loud or not, performance wise it's pretty much all the same. I chose a Dubach racing pipe because I like the sound and got it at a good price (new $ 229,95 + $10,- extra with spark arrestor) so total of $ 239,95 think this was a good deal.
Don't forget to buy a jet kit!!!!

There are lots of great exhausts out there, it's all personal preference. Just stay away from the cheaper ones like cobra and dg, and it's hard to go wrong. The stock header is just as good as the aftermarket ones, so you can get away with just a slip-on and not lose any performance from it.

When you get a new filter, definitely get one of the pro-flow or Noss Machine clamp-on kits. Don't get the modquad/hardstyle kit, it doesn't fit right. But as i said, definitely get a clamp on kit instead of the drop-in style factory ones. I personally prefer a k&n filter because they are quicker, easier, and less messy to clean than a foam filter, and they're dummy-proof when it comes to re-oiling them. Foam filters also get the job done, but the cleaning process is less than enjoyable, and if you don't get enough of the invisibile oil on it, the dirt can get pulled through it.

I think everybody has different taste in pipes and it's always a difficult choice to make, but every pipe will do, depending on what you can afford and how loud you want your pipe to be.
I just ordered a Dubach racing pipe because it's not to loud (because I drive on and offroad) and the price was good.

the white brothers e2 is a really good pipe too. its more expensive but it looks great and you can adjust it to how loud you want it

Back