2003 Warior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reddog170

Reaction score
Well like the title says I have an 03 warrior. It runs, but not what I call great. At about 1/2 to 3/4 throttle it will start to pop and you can feel the pop like a blast of air on your shins. The shifter is broke and the starter one way is shot. It has been rode hard and put away wet. The guy I got it from said that he did not know what he was doing but was going to try any way. The results are clear, he made a mess of it..
My plan it to eventually tear the entire thing down to the frame and rebuild. However for now I want to just get it running decently and have a little fun with it until after we move here in a couple months.
Any ideas on the popping? I have a couple but neither are good. Also with the shifter I have been looking at the ones that eliminate the entire linkage assembly, these any good? As for the starter one way, is there any I want to avoid or are the all about the same?
Thank You for your time and advice, Shaun

Is it the intake manifold between the carb and the head?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The popping is coming from the exhaust side I think, But a leak in the intake could be causing a lean condition resulting in a backfire. Thanks, Shaun

The intake boot has some cracks and the exhaust gasket is blown out. He had told me when I got it that he had someone put new valves in it. I found that there was almost .200 mm clearance for both the intake and the exhaust. I reset them to factory specks. Runs better but still not great. I will add a new intake boot to the list of parts to order. It is a fun ride, that I will make better.
I am looking at the different ways to rebuild the top end and am left with some questions. It will be used for occasional flat track race here and there along with everyday trails , and being as I am allowed to here, some running around town. What cam and piston would you folks recommend? Thank You, Shaun

Back