2002 yamaha warrior idle question

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d.legere86

Reaction score
hey guys i just recently bought a new to me 2002 warrior 350. when i went out biking with my step dad he was telling me not to let it idle to long or it will get carbon build up. how long do you guys let your quads warm up? and should i be worried about over idling? i like to start it up every week or so to make sure the battery is all right in this cold weather. let me know what you guys think or do. thanks alot for your time.:argh::atv::slayer:

I never heard of carbon build up from idling a long time, but maybe its true. I usually let mine warm up about 5 to 10 mins before riding and, like you, I start em up regularly and let em warm up. I wouldn't worry about it as long as its not for hours.

I usually let mine warm up for a few minutes, or until I can take it off choke. Then I'll get my helmet on or whatever, and then just cruise around for another few minutes to let it warm up all the way before I open it up. Like lbjamm, I've never heard of carbon build up from idling so I wouldn't worry about. I've let mine idle for a while and nothing has ever happened to it.

Back