2002 warrior pickup coil

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happydad08

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the ohms specs on a 02 warrior pickup coil! I have no spark and new ignition coil boot and plug! The pickup coil is reading 476! Please help!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

On the 3 white wires coming out of the stator, they should all have 0.7~0.8 ohms resistance in all three combinations. That means imagine numbering each white wire either 1, 2, or 3. Check 1 to 2, 1 to 3 and 2 to 3. Also, check any one of the white wires to the laminated iron core of the stator. ANY continuity to ground indicates the stator has had an insulation breakdown and will have to be replaced.

To test the Source coil (for the ignition) connect your pocket tester from the white/green wire to the red wire. Resistance should be 270~330 ohms resistance.

To test the pickup coil, connect your tester from the blue to the yellow wire. Resistance should be 171~209 ohms resistance.

Bones the resistance specs on the pickup coil for 02 up is different than the older years the specs I gave came right from the warrior Clymer service manual I can post pics if you'd like

actually 97 and up the specs for the pickup coil is 459-561

continued

Last edited:
so just found out by running the vin I have a 1997 warrior not a 2002 like I was told!! so my pick up coil should still be good at 476 ohms?

yep its in spec

what does the cdi look like does it have a small plug and a slightly bigger plug on it?

Last edited:
Back