2002 Warrior 350 TRANNY PROBLEM

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajgross69

Reaction score
Hello, I recently bought a 2002 Warrior and have been trying to figure out a shifter problem. It has first gear no problem. sometimes it will run through all the gears and other times it wont catch anything but first and reverse. even with the engine shut off if you put it in 2-6 it rolls as if its in neutral.... i hope someone has a clue for me :(

Thanks for helping out a newbie

Yeah im not sure if it the same problem. Ill try to take a video tomorrow before I drain the oil. When I shift into 2 3 4 it seems as if its just falling into a false neutral. I have been playing with the forward reverse lever but not having any luck. Im going to drain the oil tomorrow and look for shaving. Ugh I wish someone knew what was going on... im dying to ride

Take off the clutch cover and check to see if the shifter star is loose. There is a phillips head screw that comes loose if it`s loose take it out and red loctite it in. I`ve seen a few so bad that the shift drum had to be replaced.

Back