2002 hard to start but runs

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gixxer1000

Reaction score
Very hard to start but it will and will run great. Set. Valves allready. Carb clean

Ahh turns over and over and then will allmost start and not. Blows a little white smoke out the carb. Adventually it will start and run great

As I was checkin things out the timing was off a tooth and there was a 32 in my piolit jet

Gonna hav to assume the guy I. Got it fromwasright when he said its cammed. How would I tell with out pullin the cam? And the stator is bad. My crack case seal is bad so there's oil in it lol

Without pulling cam out only way to tell if its been out is to see is the safety tab on locknut was bent over. Also the stator is always in oil.

Gonna hav to assume the guy I. Got it fromwasright when he said its cammed. How would I tell with out pullin the cam? And the stator is bad. My crack case seal is bad so there's oil in it lol

There's supposed to be oil in the stator side just so you know. That's how it's set up.

pulling the cam can be done in about 10 minutes start to finish. Stock cams say 1UY on them (at least the ones ive seen) any other is probably aftermarket

Just put your left side (stator side) tires up onto like I use chairs but 5gal buckets would work so the oil goes to the clutch side then replace stator so you won't have to waste good oil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thx lol I just had to do this a couple days ago... After you take the cover off there's a 17mm bolt that if you turn, it just turns the piston, so either put an impact on it (easiest) or if you don't have one put your wrench on it and smack the wrench with a rubber mallet a few good times and it WILL break loose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or use a large crescent wrench wrapped tight around the pully boss (looks like a second washer and has 2 flat sides-perfect to fit the crescent wrench in) with the handle wedged against the bottom of the foot rest. Then use your 17mm ratchet and go counter clockwise to get a that bolt free to be able to take off the left crankcase cover. Shoot some wd40 on the bolt if its a real bitch to get off. Mine was on there ridiculous. Don't forget when you put the flywheel bolt back on its 36 ft-lbs of torque(50Nm).

Back