"2001 Warrior"*Updated Pics*

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rfmracing

Reaction score
Here are last years pics of my 2001 Warrior,as of right now it is all in pieces getting ready for the new year..running a little late i guess..but i have a few projects going at once i will post pics as progress goes in this thread.....

jul25014hj5ns.jpg

jul25021de3bo.jpg

jul25038tn6qk.jpg

wow that looks very nice.....some suspension and a-arms and axle, also some nerf bars, and you might be lookin at ELITE

Heres a pic of the frame bare..waiting to be powdercoated.......Also i do have a G-force in adjustable axle on the rear and will be doing front spacers this year along with many mods to add to the list...lol..

4wheelerproject001small4ai.jpg

Fast trekkers are an alright tire...good on ice sand and mud...but a packed dirt you tend to slide a little more !!

Heres a pic of another project I'm working on this year

minichopperproject0279ls.jpg

The frame for this was just powdercoated soda can red...If any are interested i can post pics as this project goes as well!!

that miny chopper is sweet ! cant wait to see the warrior done

hows the no airbox working for ya? you might want to try tubes of different legnths inbetween the filter and carb to give you different tourque or HP... it looks sweet!!

i heard a honda civic intake will work on some quads.. will it work on a warrior/raptor?? i have only seen it done to a preddy though..

you can make you own intake kit also...you can relocate it to the front of the engine to get the coldest air which is better

that's a dumb idea. To do that, you would need to add a 180 degree bend in the intake tubing, about 3 feet of intake tubing, and the filter would be right between the front tires to get splashed with mud and water all the time. That's a lot of work just to lose power and have to frequently clean the filter.

THINK, BOY, THINK!

not relocating the filter in front of the engine. Changing the length of the intake tube makes sense, but only if it's still a straight section, not a 180 bend.

not relocating the filter in front of the engine. Changing the length of the intake tube makes sense, but only if it's still a straight section, not a 180 bend.
agreed... think of ur head pipe... more bend = more restriction on air flow

No, colder is better. Ever wonder why drag cars have cold air intakes? For instance, in the summer my dads Mustang can catch tire in 2nd gear, but really only chirp them. In the winter, he can spin the tires all the way through second and chirp them in 3rd.

Part of that is probably because tires don't grip the road worth **** when they're cold.

But colder air is better, because it's more dense, so it allows more oxygen in the engine to burn.

Alls i had done with the box was remove it and and get the right size mm K&N filter to fit right on the carb itself..I have one on the quad and two spare always ready for easy change..In the proccess of making a dual filter for the carb..not sure how much it will help but a good try to see any improvement!!

Back