2001 Starting Issues

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blinky0099

Reaction score
I have a 2001 Warrior that hasn't started since I bought it two and a half years ago. It will start if its push started and then if you let it get hot it will start on its own. I've unwrapped the wiring harness from the fuel tank back to the cdi and I didn't see any cuts in the wires. I replaced the stator with one from Ricky's and it still won't start. That was about six months ago and I really haven't worked on it since. Someone on another thread said the Clymers specs are off so I probably replaced my stator for nothing. Anyways the last time I worked on it I got a occasional spark here and there out of it so my question is what could be causing intermittent spark only when its cold? I am thinking coil or cdi but I'm leaning toward the coil cause I can't see the cdi changing temp that much when the bike warms up. But the coil is right above the header and I'm thinking it probably gets pretty warm. I ohmed it out and I believe it was in spec but one question I have is when you ohm it out do you leave the spark plug cap on or remove it cause that would definitely affect your reading. Sorry for the long post but I really want to get this running any help would be great.

Sounds like the stator pickup coil. They can cause exactly what you're describing when they start to go out.

I just replaced the stator with a brand new one. I ohmed it out and I want to say that everything was in spec according to Ricky's but not to the clymers manual. So any other idea's????????

at the top of the page there is a online manual for will tell you or give you a flow chart of what to check next and specs.
Sounds to me like the pickup coil or the ignition coil.

Back