20" or 22" back tires ?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i want to get some new razr 2's but i dont know what size i should get in the rear. i dont want to have a fat side wall but i dont want to lose very much ground clearance either. what size tires do you guys have in the rear? and i dont think it matters in the front as much does it ?

I have 22 in Kenda's and I do have some nice ground clearance, which I like for trails, the tire looks almost too big. Most everyone is running 20's and seem to like them for their riding, which consists mostly of trails. If you do run 20's make sure that you have a good aftermarjet skid plate cause your ground clearance will not be as good (obviously).

All up to your personal preference.

I have a 22" with the 10" rim. It is a great set up, and I don't feel the tire fold at all. If you have the stock 9" rim, you might feel it a little more, specially if it is a low ply tire. But, if you don't mind a flex/fold when you slide around, then they are fine. Really depends on what type of riding you do. I only ride trails, so ground clearance was very important to me. If you ride groomed trails, 22's are not too necissary. Like bbb said, make sure you have a good skid plate.

Fronts don't make a big difference with ground clearance since its IFS, but the bigger the tire = more ground clearance. Plus, it sits the bike different for different ride feeling and control.

It depends on what kind of riding you do. 20's will give you noticably better cornering, but the 22's offer an extra inch of ground clearance as well as a slightly smoother ride.

I run 20" Razr2's in the back, less sidewall flex in corners, lower center of gravity (also helps handling). Works good for me, I do alot of trail / pit riding.
Just so you know, the Razr2's hook up like a mother fucker until you get them worn in a bit, then it gets much easier to break them loose in the corners and rail on through :D

20"S!!!!!!!!! Once you get used to the ground clearance youll be able to judge rocks. The ground clearance isnt that much different. It makes a warrior look alot sportier too.

When I went from my 20" HDs to 21" GNCCs I noticed a smoother ride and more stability. I will probably not go back to 20" rears since I dont ride tracks to much and thats the only place I liked my 20s. If you go 22s try to get 10 inch rims so you dont get to much sidewall flex. My KFX has 22s on 10 inch rims and they dont flex much and that quads a big fat heavy pig, that combo should be nice on a Warrior or you can split the diff and get ITP GNCCs in a 21x11x9.

20''s all the way, i had a aftermarket skid plate and i would almost try to hit **** and it wouldnt work lmao, 22''tires are way to big and give you shitty cornering, 20's with aftermarket rims will make your machine so stable it is almost suprising

My vote is for the 20's as well. Keep in mind if you actually measure the height of a Razr 20" tire, it's way more than 20 inches in diameter. 22's are for birdwatching quads......

Back