2 tires

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camaroz28

Reaction score
Rough crowd, glad Im not selling anything. You guys do make me laugh though.

Turf tamers aren't bad tires. They seem to last long enough, and they hook up like nothing else on hard pack. They're real popular in my area, but maybe that's just because carlisle tire is a local company. Either way, these things have been around forever and will hold their own against the original holeshots in most terrain.

If you haven't figured it out yet (i think you did figure it out because you also posted in the classifieds section), this is the wrong section for this.

best tire i have ever used, over anything for everything, mud dirt soft and hard, grass, everything. Most amazing tire ever, cheep as **** too. Way better then my holeshots too if i didnt get the holeshots with my warrior i would have these.

yea ive seen fourwheelers with them but they shave every other knob off im guessin to get better traction but thats alot of knobs to shave...

I can tell from all the comments some people havent been around long here.

Turf tamers used to be the number 1 racing tire for the longest time until holeshots came around. Turf tamers are still better than most of these new age tires. They are super light and wear decent, if you cut them knobs they get crazy traction on the track which is what most guys do.

Kicking it old scholl with the TURF TAMERS!!! Those tires are the ****. Glad to see someone is still sporting them. Very good buy imho.

nah i know they are good tires i was just messin with him i heard they didnt last long and sum1 said they are only 2ply

Those tires are the ****, I would run those before I go holeshot again.

True dat, i hate my HD's they suck at everything, no traction and no traction, well im a woods man and these could be a lot of traction in the tracks but not in the woods, the tred is too close together and dont cleam themselfs out well.

Trade for some HD's? Good tred left probly 80% if not more?

I havent been riding that long but gotta say HDs had great traction when I had them and the XCTs on my Kawie never get stuck (even on that tank). I mostly ride woods and wish they had less traction cause I have trouble kicking the back end around and spend too much time with the front wheels in the air. To each his own I guess. I might try some turf tamers since they are USA made and seem to be good from what I hear from you guys.

Im already considering gettting some turf tamer, i even made a cut pattern for the tred to get them to clean them selfs out more in the muddyer spots.
turftamercutouts.jpg

Cut out all the blacks

Its geometricly perfect to get the traction i need. Wide to let them clean them selfs out when it comes to mud. And grabs when im in the hard. Should be good for the hillclimbs too, they will grab good and once they start spinning the mud stuck between the tred will fly out.

I like the pattern, anyone else?

Im thinkin about trading/selling my HD's if anyone is interested and getting a set of these bad boys again.

Back