2 stupid questions, all in one thread.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barncat

Reaction score
I'm no stranger to replacing cables or brakes, but tonite I've ran into two problems.
- How in the blue hell does the clutch cable come out of the clutch lever? My cable end is stuck like chuck, in the lever. I'm planning the raptor mod, but not at this time.
- Does the caliper slider bolt come out of the caliper? Mine is TIGHT as hell. I don't want to drift it out until I know for sure. My bracket was bent, so I am fixing it, and would like to grease the slider pin, but I can't get that S.O.B out.

Any help is appreciated.

1. There is a slot in the adjuster bolt and the nut line that up with the slot in the perch then slide the cable out the slot
2. One slids out one is a alen headed bolt that comes from the caliper side to the plate but you will have to loosen the 10 mm jam nut between the caliper and plate

I have the adjuster bolt and nut OFF of the cable. I can't get the end of the cable out of the lever. I'll have to either pry harder, or use pliers.

I have the caliper off the bike. I believe it's just dry. Probably never been off, so the grease is LONG GONE.

Last edited:
The ball/barrel gets worn and distorted since its lead, and sometimes plastic bushed, in the aluminum lever. If you pry or use pliers on it too aggressively, chances are the end of the cable will get boogered up.

If the hole in the lever is on both sides you can punch it out. If not, just keep working it...

if all else fails to remove the ball from the lever,theres one more thing you can do to get it out of there in one piece as a last resort.if nothing works drill a very small hole on the top side of the lever directly over the lead ball.the hole only has to be big enought to get a small punch or screw driver in there to punch it out the bottom. if you do this dont drill the hole so big that the ball come thu the top when put back together. you want the hole as small as possible.remember this is a last resort. if its a aftermarket lever you may not want to do this.

Looked at it this morning, the bottom of the lever is deformed.
I'm going to try and spread it out tonight when I get home.

if you have a dremel tool you can use a grinding bit and shave the hole back to normal size. if you dont have a dremel you should get one. that a great tool to have when moding anything. they are pretty cheap too. hope you get it out of there man.

if all else fails to remove the ball from the lever,theres one more thing you can do to get it out of there in one piece as a last resort.if nothing works drill a very small hole on the top side of the lever directly over the lead ball.the hole only has to be big enought to get a small punch or screw driver in there to punch it out the bottom. if you do this dont drill the hole so big that the ball come thu the top when put back together. you want the hole as small as possible.remember this is a last resort. if its a aftermarket lever you may not want to do this.
I replaced the clutch lever on mine last night and this is the exact method I ended up using.

Well, the caliper problem is fixed. I dropped the caliper and busted the friggin Zerk off :(

Hell no. I got the Zerk out with an EZ-out(the only thing they work on apparently). The caliper now looks like a hammered sack of ****, but it will work.
I was able to straighten the pin, and grease the slider, so once the block off and pads get here, that will be done.

**** the lever, I'm getting to call my local Yamaha shop and check pricing. I found all the parts online for $29, but the shipping was totaling $22.(all from the same house).

I don't need to take the lever off, I am just trying to remove the rubber boot without cutting it. I will as a last resort, but I was going to sell that ****, to recoup some of the costs.

Just got pissed and cut it off. I'm having a STEALLAR day

Back