2-stroke IT490 motor swap

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i want one so ****** bad dude! love the frame looks great!

Thanx man.. The paint I used isn't gonna hold up to good. But it'll be alright.

I'm back home now. I have a few things to do to my truck, and then I'm gonna get back to work on my hybrid.
I'll post some fresh pics tonight.

Ok.. Heres a quick update.

So the quad runs, but I have some jetting issues. (it boggs bad)
I also have to tidy up the wiring, get some looms, and ziptie them out of the way.

Then I'm gonna get some heat guard for the bottom of my gas tank cause it sits real close to the top of the head.

I still have to do my brakes, chain, exhaust spring hoops, lower pipe mount, and a few loose ends.
I forgot how much was still left to do on this thing.
There's no fack'n end to it!! :argh:

Quad18.jpg

PURDY.

What rear shock is that?

It's just one of those crappy ebay shocks (their no good). I have a stocker for it, I just need to put it on.

But I have other things to worry about first.
I still need to paint the rear wheels, tank cover, and front fenders. Then it'll look Purdy. :iagree:

So I know I've said this before.. But it's true this time, just a few more tweeks.. lol

I'm have'n some timing issues? It'll start run for a second then die?

It could be my CDI, or coil? But I have spares.

I'm still working on it.

So... "IT'S ALIVE"!!!!

I wish someone else was with me to make a sound bite.
I fired it on the second kick (after realizing I had a bad ground), with no silencer.. This bitch will make your ears bleed!!

I expect things will come together faster now that I figured all the mechanical things out.

Belive it or not (after about a 3 minute warm up). I gave it a few good revs, and the vibes didn't feel that bad at all... I thank the boys over at Custom engine performance for doing a bitch'n job on the head mod, and opening up the chamber for me.. I was told it would kill some vibes, but I didn't think it would be to this extent.

I'm excited now. :evilface:

Last edited:
SWEET! Now you need to get 87/917's custom a arms and you'll be stylin!
Yah that had been mentioned before..
I talked to him about those. But he wanted to much for them, and didn't want to cough up the hiems he had with them.

I'm gonna keep the stockers for now, and eventually try some ASR long travel 400ex arms. HLS shocks, and some new rims, and tires.

I still need to do the brakes, wiring, and some exhaust work on the hybrid before I can ride it. Thats gonna eat up the few bucks I have to work on it.

But the future is wide open.
:atv:

I'm working on it...
I had it running yesterday. But with the rake I have on the motor the floats are to high, and it keeps flooding itself.. I'm working on that as I type.

I could use some help though..
Does anybody know the best way to adjust the floats on a 38mm Mikuni VM??

Last edited:
If that is the type I'm thining of (2 floats on their own shafts with seperate plate for fuel needle) you should just have to bend the tab the fuel valve seats against.

If that is the type I'm thining of (2 floats on their own shafts with seperate plate for fuel needle) you should just have to bend the tab the fuel valve seats against.

No these are the solid mounted ones. (oldschool)

I gave in, and took it to a local shop.
I think the float needle is pooched? :disgust:

Well I just experienced an epic "FAIL"!!

I had this thing kinda together, and was gonna take a blast down the street..
When this happened!! :tdown:

fail.jpg

I could fack'n cry..
It backfired cause I didn't kick it hard enuf, and the weld on my custom kicker shaft broke. :cry:

Now I have to tear the whole damn thing apart again to fix it.

OMFG! Dude that fuggin sucks! I know how that goes. Drink a few cases of beerand you'll feel better. Goodluck and a speedie repair!

Is the edge that jagged or is the shaft hollow? If so I'd ditch it for round stock so you can really burn the weld in there.

Back