2 stroke carb on warrior?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lieuht

Reaction score
Just had a 2 stroke mechanic look at my bike and notice that it has what he said was a big 2 stroke carburetor. This would definatly explain why it has a stutter at mid range. Should i try to jet it or get a used carb? Also i never heard of the manufacturer.

Last edited:
You could try to rejet. it would be cheaper to do that. and if that don't work pickup a used carb

Keihen is used on a lot of bikes. Just adjust your needle if you're having midrange problems.

Just had a 2 stroke mechanic look at my bike and notice that it has what he said was a big 2 stroke carburetor. This would definatly explain why it has a stutter at mid range. Should i try to jet it or get a used carb? Also i never heard of the manufacturer.

That carb will not make your bike studder, shudder, flip or flap in proper tune my friend. I'm running a 2 stroke carb on my warrior as well and it runs perfect all the way through the throttle. But if you decide you wanna sell it let me know I need a new carb for my R.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A carb is a carb is a carb. It is a precise air and fuel mixting devise. I bet it is a 38mm Keihin round slide. Just take a little time out to jet it right and you'll be good. Other then not having an accel pump, it's much better then stock.

Seems like nothing is stock on this bike which i dont mind at all. Any ideas one how big of a jet i should start out at? I looked around on ebay and they seem to only sell single main jets havent really found a kit

Seems like nothing is stock on this bike which i dont mind at all. Any ideas one how big of a jet i should start out at? I looked around on ebay and they seem to only sell single main jets havent really found a kit

I would stay away from kits.... Just my personal opinion. I like to buy single jets and most of the time you can get the seller on eBay to combine orders on as many jets as you wanna buy. As far as a starting point.... What's in there now?

No idea whats in there now i took it apart and cleaned it before trying to start it and the jet looked pretty big to me i dont have anything to measure it and i dont think it said on it what size it was. Im just gonna start out with a 160 main and see what happens that and the jets for this carb are 20$ a piece

I agree, stay away from kits. Only buy genuine manufacturer jets. Before you start screwing with jetting, you first need to plug chop it at idle, hald throttle (midrange) and WOT (full throttle). You need to do this so you can get a base line on how all 3 ciruits are jetted, and how well the engine is able to burn the air & fuel that the carb is feeding it.

If you don't, you can this into a major jetting headache for yourself. You may find that the idle and WOT ciruits are good, and only need to adjust the needle. Or, you may find that idle circuit is damn close, and you can just tweek the mixture screw, etc... There are many different combos of what it "could" need.

Not sure what plug chop is? It idles just fine but midrange it just stutters bad and wot once it gets through mid it clears up and hauls.

Not sure what plug chop is? It idles just fine but midrange it just stutters bad and wot once it gets through mid it clears up and hauls.

If you search plug chop some pretty good threads come up for it. Might take a little going through threads but I know for sure some guys on here have explained it very well. Just search it quick and easy.

Back