+2 A-arms for 87 warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1987 Warrior

Reaction score
Hi all i am looking for a new set of a arms for my 87 warrior because my current ones ball joints are shot, and before u say just replace them because u can, one is welded in so not going to get it out any time soon. :argh:
so is there any aftermarket +2 a arms for a 87 that aren't to expensive out there?? dont have a lot of cash right now to spend.

Thanks

There are no aftermarket a arms for the first gen warriors. However, building your own set is an option, there's a few people that have done that.

For the 87 your best way to go would be grind down the welds and install new balljoints or find new arms and install new balljoints. Otherwise you'll have to have a custom set of +2 arms made. Ive heard of 400ex lowers fitting but i havent been able to confirm that myself.

2nd gen uppers are the same dimensions as 1st gen, only main difference is 87 have removeable balljoints as the 2nd gens balljoint is built into the arm. Why is it now everyone is saying they are different?

holy **** why cant you just accept that second gen uppers wont fit a first gen?!?!!?!!?!!?!!?!!?!!?!!?!?!?!?????????????!???????!??????????????!????!??!?!

because he probably forced them to fit his 87 by spreading open the mount tabs on the frame thus weakening them

because he probably forced them to fit his 87 by spreading open the mount tabs on the frame thus weakening them

Im running the 87 arms. I took the 99's off the 99 and put them all over the 87 uppers and measured both. Both have same measurements. I could find threads with alot of you saying that 2nd gen uppers fit 1st gens, but its not that big of a deal to me.

Back