1st full day of riding tomorrow

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbogosia

Reaction score
Anyone have tips/advice. I am wearing pants,hiking boots, t-shirt, helmet, goggles,gloves, and a camel back. Just want to see if anyone has tips on gear or supplies I should bring. I am going to Woolys Offroad Park south of Nashville. I plan on my arms and shoulders being very sore.

ummmm tow strap???? and i HIGHLY suggest getting somthing like work boots (steel toe) or riding boots unless you feel like breaking an ankle at sometime while riding!!!.....also bring some random assorted bolts and some simple tools incase 1. you dont have a tool kit 2. if your tool kit dont got important things......one major thing is a plug too.....my 2 cents

dont worry about the boots unless ur going to be doing big jumped or some really rouch ass trails, i rode in tennis shoes forever till i started hitting big jumps and had to get boots cuz i kept spraining my ankle

yeah like kawfox9 said diffently get tow straps and couple of plugs

not having a strap is the worst thing if u get stuck and same with a spark plug

I am going alone, but this is a pretty busy park so if I am stuck I am sure someone will come by and get me out. I didn't think about plugs. Anyone know what type for a late 90's Warrior 350?

thats the part number for the spark plug but if u go to a story or even order off of a website they most likely ask for ur machine type and then they get the plug for you

The plus is a D8EA... buying the r plug is a waste of money as it only means resistor and affects nothing performance wise.

I hate to say it but when i go out riding for a full day i dont take much ... usually a small set of vice grips and a few screwdrivers... i dont piss with **** out on the trails. If something goes wrong my day is usually ruined anyway so i just quit riding till i can get my machine home and fix it up right instead of 1/2 assing stuff together with makeshift tools out on the trail. But thats just me... i have always found that if i put stuff together on the trails just so i can get it home things are usuall alot more messed up by that time.

Dont go by yourself!.....Thats my advice for anyone. I go all the time by my self, worst decisions ever. Even if the place is busy all it takes is one vally and noone around for you to disapear forever. But yeah i got by my self, and every time i have gone i have eather rolled, got stuck, or just gotten in truble with land owners or cops. Non of that ever happens when im with somebody. I never go alown anymore.

I don't want to go alone but I don't have a choice today. I am going to be real careful and just try to learn the machine and the trails. I agree with not fixing my atv on the trails. I mean, most likely I won't have the right part or whatever it is I need.

The plus is a D8EA... buying the r plug is a waste of money as it only means resistor and affects nothing performance wise.

oh theirs a difference?? i thought their was only 1 type of plug for warriors

yea when i go to the attica badlands every other week im pretty sore for a few days, i were my steel toe boots take tools tire repair kit,heavy duty rope that i wrap around my front bumper,dot aproved helmet & a safty flag with fuel thats about it i ride from 9:00am till 7:00pm here is the web site if no one has seen it before www.badlandsoffroad.com this place is huge & has all type of riding..come & ride some time... ;D

The best replies I've seen so far were a tow strap, a riding buddy, and boots. I would never ride without boots. They protect your foot, your ankle, your shin, etc. I have a buddy that tore a toe off riding without boots, no fun....

^^^^ for real, his whole toe?

Also that place looks soo ******* amazing i might take a trip over some time. Looks like fun as **** to off road at.

Just got back. I met 2 other guys and rode with them all day. I had an awesome time! The warrior held up great and has plenty of power to go up steep hills, through mud, etc... I can already feel my back getting sore so I would say Sunday is going to be tough. Well worth it though. Here is where I went www.woolysoffroad.com .

Yeah, we have 3 other parks within 2 hrs or so also. Coal creek, Land between the Lakes, and wheelin in the country. Wooly's was cool. Lots of steep hills, creeks, jumps, tight trails, etc... I'm tired.

Back