1999 Warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncleleo

Reaction score
Just bought a 1999 Warrior. It needs the studs replaced on the exhaust pipe, and a new battery, and chain. Other than that, it appears to be in decent shape. I paid $300.00. Did I get a good deal? How much should I expect to pay to have the exhaust studs fixed? Does anyone have recommendations for a service shop in the Vancouver, Washington area? It's is my first quad. I will have tons of questions, but have found this site to be a huge resource. Thanks to all for the help.

Welcome to the site. $300 is a hell of a deal!. New head studs can be a bitch, are the both broke off and clean to the head surface or do you have some material sticking out?

cost me $45 at my local shop to drill and re-tap 1 stud in my 02 head

They are both broken, and the previous owner started to drill them out. He said something like his hole started to go a little sideways so he stopped. That has me a little worried. I suppose, worst case scenario, the shop would have to pull the head to re drill?

that's added service charges. Pull the head yourself and have them (or any machine shop) drill and tap it. They might have to overdrill and helicoil them.

that's added service charges. Pull the head yourself and have them (or any machine shop) drill and tap it. They might have to overdrill and helicoil them.

that's what they had to do to mine but they did it with the head still on and in the machine they GOOOD!

Back