1997 warrior wont start

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fabricator82

Reaction score
Hello im new to the atv world and haven prob with a nice warrior. i seised the motor. si i tore it down replaced the crank and main bearings and all the oil seal's. put it together primed oil. it ran for about five min the died out and wont start. the bike has spark and done the timing about three times tomake sure it was right. still no start. (((((HELLP)))))

Is it getting fuel? Is the plug getting wet?

Does it just crank and crank and crack just dosen't fire? How did it die, fade out or stop suddenly?

it smells of fule but the plug isent wet. i tryed the carb cleener in the cylender and still nothing. deadlast it jsut cranks and cranks and dont fire but has a blus spark. i have no clue what to do.

If it sparks and cranks, then its gotta be a fuel issue. Check the carb, check to see if your gas is flowing. Starting fluid into the carb do anything? How did it die? slow fade out or sudden stop?

thats what i thought to but starting fluid dident do any thing. it just slowly diedout. im take the carb offf and see if i can find anything.

Had the same thing with my 97 just a week ago....turned out there was some rub marks through the insulation of the wires right at the plug of the CDI....put some silicone over the rubbed marks(no broken wires,just rubbed off insulation)...let it dry,then wrap with electrical tape....

Fired right up..!!!

Use a good bright light,and go over the wiring...

check the intake boot. my warrior ran fine one day, week later i went to ride and it wouldnt start. the boot had a descent size tear in it.

check the intake boot. my warrior ran fine one day, week later i went to ride and it wouldnt start. the boot had a descent size tear in it.

I swear to god I just fixed the same problem. Removed my airbox to clean it since it had tons of mud in it, and must of tore it while putting it back on.. Didn't realize til I couldnt keep it running the next time I was in the woods! $40 fix :/

yea if its getting spark and cranking its gotta be fuel or compression . stick your thumb in the plug hole make sure u have good compression . and for starters with fuel take off your bowl and make sure your getting fuel flow from fuel valve seat into bowl . ive had my valve stick in my seat and completly block off fuel . then go farther , take out main jet make sure no small particles are in there.

Back