1994 Warrior wont' start

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schneids714

Reaction score
Here is the situation I am in right now. I had a running 1994 that was knocking and finally the crank bearings let go. I took the motor out of the machine and had it tore apart. The lower end was fixed and I had to bore and hone the cyclinder and put a new piston kit in it. As he was putting the motor back together he noticed that the new stator, I just put in (Ricky Stator), the flywheel wore through a couple of white wire going to the stator. I forgot to route them behind the wiring bracket. I replace the stator with the original, which should work fine, and routed the wires correctly this time. I put the motor in the machine and hooked up all electrical. When I hit the start button I get nothing. As I turn the key I can hear the starting cut off relay trip and it gets a little warm, which I would interpret as it being tripped by something or it is faulty. I have installed a new starter relay and it had a new neutral sensor before it got fixed. When the key is turned on all lights work but no starting or turnover. I can turn the starter over by direct hook up. I have check continuity on key switch and it is good. I have continuity on the clutch switch (when the clutch is released) but it will not settle on one exact number and sometimes the numbers are drastically different. I can not get a reading on continuity on the actual start button but there is voltage going to it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to just start throwing parts at it because it is getting way to expensive. I apologize it is so long.

I assume you are talking about the starting solenoid. I did that and it turned over.

check your ground wires i had the same problem my ground wire from the battery was melted thro from exhaust

From what I am sorting through you have 2 issues.

1) you can only get it to crank by jumping the starter solonoid.

2) once it is cranking, it is not firing

correct?

if my assumption is correct, I would get a can of contact cleaner and open every connection that was messed with and clean them out. A bit of di electric grease on each can't hurt. SInce it appears to be a 2 part issue, get the starter figured first.

Have you checked the spark when you got it to crank jumping it?

Back