1991 warrior no spark

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

headache

Reaction score
ok guys i picked up a 91 warrior that i thought only had a bad pickup coil. So i decided to order a kit from RM stator that has the stator, cdi box and ignition coil. I have changed all three of these and this quad still has no spark! IT PROBABLY HAS A BROKEN WIRE SOMEWHERE

The only other issue i have found is that the neutral light doesn't light up unless i ground the light blue wire somewhere.. THATS HOW IT WORKS, WHEN YOU SHIFT INTO N SOMETHNG IN THE TRANSMISSIONS MOVES OVER AND TOUCHES THAT CONTACT INSIDE THE TRANNY AND GROUNDS IT. THE WIRE IS PROBABLY LOOSE ON THE POST OR CORRODED

The brown wire has power to it, and i've checked the neutral switch on the motor with an ohm meter and it shows to be good, but i'm still not sure bout it. NOT SURE WHAT YOU MEAN BY BROWN WIRE AND ALSO NOT SURE HOW YOU TESTED THE N SWITCH WITH A MULTIMETER

I have changed both the start and neutral relays with known good ones and still nothin. BROKEN WIRE

also the quad won't turn over without the clutch being in if the neutral light isn't on. NORMAL OPERATION

Somebody give me some ideas here. the reverse light comes on when shiftn to reverse. and if i put my test light into the relay with the green/white wires it makes the neutral light come on.

Last edited by a moderator:
youll notice my reply above in caps. i would check the (possibly orange) wire that runs from the cdi to the ignition coil for breaks

the only bad connection i found was the reverse lever switch wire (green with white stripe). I fixed it and all lights and such are working now. However there is no continuity in any of the 6 wire posts in the Regulator/Rectifier so i'm certain this is causing the no spark issue

i wouldnt be so sure but if your certain then it looks like you need a regulator... check ebay or ricky stator... make sure you get the right year range (90-94)

wow cool! im still not too sure how that fixed it but as long as it did i guess we cant complain

well a friend of mine that has been an atv mechanic for about 10 years or so said that the rectifier can cause a low/no voltage signal to the cdi box.. I guess he was right lol

Back