1987 warrior help

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xj4m3

Reaction score
hey guys an uncle of mine just bought an 87 that wont start. I went over and it has no spark so i tried to ohm out the stator. Both pickup coils seemed fine at about 190 ohms but when trying to test the source coil the book(clymer) calls for red and black wires. I dont see these colors. The colors of the wires are-4pin connector has a green,yellow,blue,white. these were supposed to be for the pickup. then it has two individual wires one red the other brown. other 3pin connector is charging coil. So what two wires should be ohmed out for the source coil? I did get it to pop start and run for a little bit. so im thinking source coils the problem.

My 87 did same thing ... if it pop starts chances are its one of the pickup coils...i just replaced the whole stator and it gave her new life all around

both pickup coils ohm out at 191 which is in spec, main thing i need to know is which two wires are for the source coil???

Last edited by a moderator:
you can take the stator cover off to see what wires go where since it sounds like it's been replaced and that is why the colors don't match

Back