113oct fuel

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello,
Can anyone tel me if high oct fuel is OK for a stock warrior??
Why would you want to run this??? The stock compression on a Warrior is 9.2:1 and can run on 87 octane, at best you will have to rejet for the higher octane fuel, and will probably still run like ****. Remember the higher the octane reading the slower it burns, this is because it depends on higher compression to create combustion pressures to ignite the fuel, unlike a lower compression engine which uses lower octane fuel to burn faster because the combustion pressures are low. Hope this helps.

try a leaded lower octane fuel.. like maybe vp red which is 98?

But klotz makes this stuff called nitro. Its a fuel additive with coolinal and oxiginating properties.

Its the only fuel additive that has ever givin me a gain in power.

The bad part is that its about 15 dollars a bottle and thats good for about 3 tanks, and that you have to rejet.. with the edelbrock its not a problem but with stock it would suck.

This is what it looks like.
Picture003.jpg

113 octane in a stock warrior? for what reason? i got a 10.25:1 high compression piston in mine and i still run 93. get some sort of octane booster like shown above.

113 octane in a stock warrior? for what reason? i got a 10.25:1 high compression piston in mine and i still run 93. get some sort of octane booster like shown above.

Its not actually an octane booster.... it simply oxiginates the fuel.

VP makes oxiginated fuel specifically for atv's but its hard as hell to find. I think its ranges from like 93 to 108 octane or something.

Be careful with ultra-high octane boosters, you can hole a piston, and that aint pretty!

(BTW, even some "oxygenaters" run pretty damn hot compared to pump gas.)

holed_piston1.jpg

Back