1000cc banshee

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baja226sport

Reaction score
I am thinking about picking up a banshee with a 1000 cc r1 motor in it. It is actually pretty cheap, kind of out of the ordinary looking, but fast as hell. I just want something else to play with. Thoughts? I'll try to post pics soon.

It would be a great toy as long as the swap was done right and not all weak and rigged up. It wouldn't be the thing to pick for your only quad, but for just ripping around in wide open areas it would be awesome.

It would get downright ugly riding it on trails or jumping it, not only would the power delivery and gearing be pretty funky for trails and the weight balance would most likely be odd, but most sportbike engines swapped into quads have a deep oil pan sticking out the bottom of the frame, get that thing torn open on a rock and it'll ruin your day.

It would be a great toy as long as the swap was done right and not all weak and rigged up. It wouldn't be the thing to pick for your only quad, but for just ripping around in wide open areas it would be awesome.

It would get downright ugly riding it on trails or jumping it, not only would the power delivery and gearing be pretty funky for trails and the weight balance would most likely be odd, but most sportbike engines swapped into quads have a deep oil pan sticking out the bottom of the frame, get that thing torn open on a rock and it'll ruin your day.

Yea that and killing urself with a 1000cc engine between ur legs...

A guy not far from me has a 2004 Warrior with a 1100cc Crotch Rocket Engine on it. Said he reinforced the frame where it was cut by adding X bar's under the tank, under the engine and above the swingarm.

I havent had a chance to go look at it, but he did say he'd let me ride it if i ever come over. ;D

It seems pretty cool. Only asking $1100. Not going to sell the rest of my herd. Actually buying an lt250r to play with too. Winter is coming and i need someting to do. I usually dump about $10,000 a year in my boat (I build a motor every year, 650-700 hp beaten constantly doesn't always last!) but int the winter I need toys. The woman hates the fact that somedays I just sit here and say I need to go buy something with a motor right now!!!

damn i wana ride that thing, or one like it. i wouldnt want to own 1000cc's though i'd probably wrap it around a tree lol. oh and only 1100? wow that seems like a pretty good deal if its in good shape heck if you have local atv drag races around you could probably get some of your money back easily.

It's funny you mention drags. The reason the guy is selling it is because he says he takes this thing everywhere and usually cleans house but last time out he got beat and said now he needs to build something faster. I am going to see it up close today. Test ride. I'll post the results.

Back