10 years ago...what were you doing?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:haha: Man! I get that all the time now! I PAID FOR IT! I am going to get rid of the 350 soon, already sold the 80. And am going to apply for a job within the next couple weeks! Why does that automaticly mean that someone else paid for it....
cause your 14 and have no job, so where does the cash come from? Sold your 80 and selling your 350, who bought them for you? If you don't work money has to come from somewhere. It's ok, if I had the cash my kids would get all that stuff too, wish I could and wish my parents could have for me

I had been saving for a snowmobile for along time. And decided to get this. That's where the money comes from.

I had been saving for a snowmobile for along time. And decided to get this. That's where the money comes from.

Saving money from? And I've never heard of any state that will let a 14 year old work. Even at 15 most states require a work permit and are very strict about how many hours can be worked and what times.

Yes. I can only work 18 hours a week. And have strict time limits. I got the money from cutting lots and lots and lots of grass, birthdays, and stuff like that.

Well...not saying anything bad but I'm not sure I believe that entirely lol. But if it's true then that's awesome. I've met very few 14 year olds that have any sort of work ethic though. Especially now days, seems like it's even worse then when I was 14......

I'll be 27 in March.

It was my Junior year in Highschool. I was in study hall in the cafeteria either sleeping, hitting on some girls or talking to this one weird kid that saw demons (he eventually got kicked out od school for threating to cut a preggo teachers baby out), one of the three, deff. not studying thou. But anyways, one of the secretaries came running down and turned on the TVs in the cafeteria, then ran away. We all just sat there and watched the tube. The bells rang be we didn't move much, evenchauly the school was just a giant social place, you could move from class to class as you pleased and every TV as on. Also, people were just leaving as they wished or chose to stay and watch. It was all really surreal. Then the next day, all we did was talk about it in every class.

I'll be 18 in January
I was in elementary school, I dont remember what grade, but I remember one of the other teachers walking in and I heard hear say "have you heard yet... ?" to my teacher and so our teacher turned on the TV didnt even have to change the channel and there was the tower. I was so young I didnt really understand what was going on or how big what had happend actually was. I remember a lot of teachers crying and stuff and we werent doing anything for the rest of the day. Then not too long afterwords me and this other family friend (still keep in touch with em today) got picked up early and we were like "sweet!" lol...

And yall shouldnt feel old time goes on thats life.

& @ beastly same here all I wanted for the longest time was a YFZ 450 to go show up some kids lol. Still kinda want one today. But right now I'm after a Mustang GT :)

I was a sophomore in HS when this happened. It was beginning of 2nd period, and as we walked to our 2nd period class there were whispers all through out the halls about a plane crash. Then as class began our teacher started explaining something happened. He turned on the radio and we just sat and listened to everything that was going on.

One of my friends in class gets called out by the intercom to go to the office. No one thought anything of it, then we come to find her Dad worked in the 2nd tower on the 40 something floor. Fortunately he was one of the lucky ones and made it out. My Dad's college friend was also in one of the towers, unfortunately he wasn't so lucky.

At this moment ten years ago, most likely i'd be doing what any inner city teen would be doing; using drugs to their fullest potential. And then boning some chick afterward.
Man those days of freedom and no worries were taken for granted. But life goes on and so do the stories of "remember when we used to...."

I was to young to realized what happened and since I was in Canada it didn't change my life as much as other peoples. But still did.

i was 14? and hung over! I was in Florida with family drinking and having fun. i slept like 99% of that day away... :/

Back