02 warrior dies at top end speeds.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allen3321

Reaction score
I got this 02 warrior on a trade i have done a carb clean, new spark plug, has new oil, k&n air filter, a white bros. exhaust and a 152.5 main jet, not sure what the pilot jet is cause the previous owner stripped it on the install. Now to the issue. I can ride this quad all day long if im below 4th gear. Once i shift up, say in a 1/4 mile race against the bro in-laws 350 rappy, the engine will shut down. I will let it cool for 60 sec. to 3min and it fires right up. Im wandering is my main jet too large? Its almost like i have to wait for the fuel bowl to refill before it will start again. Any suggestions would be very helpful. I can run it in 4th gear almost full throttle all day without an issue anything higher and its kapoot.:argh:

I got this 02 warrior on a trade i have done a carb clean, new spark plug, has new oil, k&n air filter, a white bros. exhaust and a 152.5 main jet, not sure what the pilot jet is cause the previous owner stripped it on the install. Now to the issue. I can ride this quad all day long if im below 4th gear. Once i shift up, say in a 1/4 mile race against the bro in-laws 350 rappy, the engine will shut down. I will let it cool for 60 sec. to 3min and it fires right up. Im wandering is my main jet too large? Its almost like i have to wait for the fuel bowl to refill before it will start again. Any suggestions would be very helpful. I can run it in 4th gear almost full throttle all day without an issue anything higher and its kapoot.:argh:

Posting in the right thread category will help you get answers.

Well im new to this website bs. Im tryin to figure it out. So a point in the right direction would be a little more helpful than sarcasm.

Dont mind him, he like to not give any help except for saying a thread is in the wrong place.
Try a 145 main jet. What you have in there seems to big. Ive tried different jets and it sounds like its getting to much fuel. Also check that your float height is correct

Dont mind him, he like to not give any help except for saying a thread is in the wrong place.
Try a 145 main jet. What you have in there seems to big. Ive tried different jets and it sounds like its getting to much fuel. Also check that your float height is correct
:laughup:
Dont mind me ok! Members wont help him if its in the wrong thread and give him **** so mind your own dam business! Also I give plenty of information to members and this subject has been covered at least 20 times.. Its my job to fix threads so if you have a problem let Admin help you Im sure he will agree.

Its not your jet thats the problem your floats getting stuck or your petcock is got crap in it or it needs good carb cleaning or gas cap like the other post said. Running to rich will not make your quad shut off. If its running that rich sniff you oil you will smell gas and if you do you have other problems.

Its not your jet thats the problem your floats getting stuck or your petcock is got crap in it or it needs good carb cleaning or gas cap like the other post said. Running to rich will not make your quad shut off. If its running that rich sniff you oil you will smell gas and if you do you have other problems.

I agree. Something wrong with the flow of fuel.

Well im new to this website bs. Im tryin to figure it out. So a point in the right direction would be a little more helpful than sarcasm.[/QUOTE
You for sure wont get any positive help talking like that. The right direction is do a search and look at the categories its not hard.:funny:

Back