02 Warrior Carb

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

txdunerider

Reaction score
So just got done doing some work on the wifes warrior and now 3/4- WOT it cuts out. I have rebuilt the carb and re-jetted it for the pipe and filter set up and it just wont rev out??? :argh: Any suggestions?

the main is rich ... did you move the needle ? if not go one size smaller on the main jet

I have re-jetted it from the stock 145 to a 150 and it ran great re-did the intake set up got rid of the box and it started cutting out at 3/4 to WOT I jetted it up to a 155 and it got better but it still does it just further past the 3/4 range of throttle. So I don't think it is rich, plus plug is new so I have ran it at idle to see how it is running on the low cycle of the carb and it is nice brown paper bag color, took it out ran awesome as long as i stayed away from WOT. I am currently set at a 155 main, 3rd notch on the needle, 3 turns out on the mixture screw. Could it possible be lean on the top end? Its not bogging down like it is too rich just cuts out?

im pretty sure you need a 152.5 any cutting out or bogging is just always rich the main

so i pulled the 155 out and its a dynojet kit so that 155 is only a 146-147 so its running lean time to put the 160 in it and try if not i will goto the 165 and just adjust it at the needle

I just get ginuine mikuni jets. Or kehien depending on what I'm working on. I go to denniskirk for em. They are $2.50 a piece I believe.

Yamaha shop, jets r us. I hate ordering jets through the mail though. Something about paying more for shipping than I did for the Damn jet just kills me! Also, be sure to make sure the boot has no tears, you may have noticed it acting stupid now because you've had the carb on & off & now it could possibly have a leak, I chased this same issue for a lil bit.

My prob with getting them from my yamaha dealer is that they will charge me TWICE what they are worth. I don't get parts there unless I have to. I usually place a large enough order of other crap I need, so shipping vs parts price isn't an issue.

So I got it back together with the 160 still cuts out , did the 165 and it works like a charm. I am still working on the fine tuning side of it but revs out like a champ now.

Back