01 warrior mods???

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

01warrior1984

Reaction score
so i got a 01 warrior and alls i have right now is a pipe and tires on it. im lookin to do some mods to it. i do mostly trail ridding but would still like it to be quick. what should i do??

flip your rear tires for width.. search " how to install front spacers" for front width, a K&N filter, a jet kit, an regear the front sprocket to 12T and your GOOOOOOD!

forgot do got the back tires fliped guy who stole it from me 6months ago did it lol.

what jet kit is a good one for these??? ya ill have to try to get some pics here one day.

Was it re-jetted for the pipe? If you upgrade the filter, and it wasn't re-jetted for the pipe, you best jet it. Go one up on your main (147.5) and your pilot is gunna be one or two up (42.5 = stock). Its a trial and error thing. Buy jets from the dealer is the cheapest way to go. Like $1 or so a piece or less.

What type of mods you can do, all depends on the money you can spend.

ya try spacers or flipping the fronts a pipe filter and jet is pretty much as far as you can go for horsepower without digging into the motor if your looking to better the suspension look into getting banshee shocks

thanks ill have to lookin into that stuff guys. ya when i bought it i got a fmf pipe and header pipe but they didnt sell me any jets. its been that way for a while now.

you guys all seem to have good dealers... mine wants $13++ for a pilot jet!! i ordered mine from jetrus.com along with a rebuild kit and paid about the same as a pilot and main would have cost from the dealer..... my dealer wanted $55 for a needle and seat!! (they are a yamaha showroom type dealer tho i suppose thats where i am getting raped)

well theres the cam, could have the head ported and polished, higher compression piston to name a few cheaper ones. if you have money to burn u could send the motor to a company like FST and have a complete stroker motor built

01warrior1984 said:
so if i got to tear into the engine what all could be done there???

HAHA, All kinds of stuff man, P&P (Port and Polish), Cam, Springs, Piston, Bore, Oil Cooler, Stroker, Clutch, Carb, Gaskets

sure lots of quads around here are running modded motors deadlast is running the high comp piston and cam and dave has the 446 stroker i personally soon will be going with a p&p, high comp piston and a topend cam

Back