01 warrior build

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ypupetur.jpg
doesn't have the wires just threaded holes...my buddy had it lying around

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Give me till tommorrow afternoon to collect a few pics an I'll include the walk through is the switch housing still functional on the clutch side of the bars including the start button ? Are you wanting to run that in place o the switch housing and key set up ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya I was wanting to bypass the whole factory setup and then I could clean the bars up too lol

Bud you would have to have a toggle switch or something no matter what do to constant currant passing through the ignition system you could do a basic switch and the button still clear up the bars and all but also have a way to shut the bike down if need be I did just that with mine I have a flip cover race switch wired in for my on off switch and a three way push button start the key is obviously the hardest part to bypass because of the need to open and close the current for the bike to run

Ya maybe il just bring me key switch to a locksmithand see if he can make me a key then lol

Lol cheaper to order an upgraded key switch off amazon then to have a key made bud been down that road

well started re assmbly tonight and got up to getting the head on and stopped when i got to the timing sprocket. had some exrta gaskets and now figured out they were the o ring for the piston sleeve on bottom end grr if i run it without it am i just going to have a small oil leak?? oh and i am also using rtv for the base gasket

i plan on finishing up tomorrow and really dont wanna tear all back down just to put this seal in so if its just going to leak a little which i cant see it leaking much since i used rtv

It can leak yes and rtv works but base gaskets should have been included with your kit

Same thing happened to me. I also forgot the little o ring for the head bolt oil passage. I pulled it back apart and reassembled in about 20 mins. No big deal, I was afraid to run without it. IDK about yours. You might be alright.

Yea they were included I just wanted some more compression

For the head gasket yes the base gasket was just paper

R tv is by far better than paper gaskets anyway in my opinion

Hmm I had a metal base gasket metal head gaskets but ya rtv should hold btw the head gasket is where you gain compression

Warrior was started for the first time tonight after rebuild was amazing couldn't tell if that was rain or something "dirty" after hearing that

I ordered the new switch for it too and of course for some reason or another my warrior has the old style key switch connecter

Back