01 Warrior 350 Off-Idle Hesitation?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thebluebeast

Reaction score
I have an 01 Warrior 350, stock motor with small bolt on mods. DG slip on, Zoom zoom carb, and a Pro Design Pro-Flow air filter kit. Today when I was riding, I noticed a slight hesitation off idle, to about 1/4 throttle. It spits and sputters a bit. I have a .150 main jet, and the needle is set at the 4th clip down from the top. I had a head pipe leak at the motor, I repaired that with a new gasket and noticed this problem more then before. I also recently picked up some 91 octane ethanol free gas, and I usually run 87 octane e10. I'm wondering if this effected it. Also, I wiped out the inside of my pipe today, just to clean it out. After riding a bit, I noticed it was very black. Plug looks black too, I'm pretty sure I'm
running rich. I had a few ideas to try, one was removing the airbox lid, the other was raising the needle clip. I also thought about doing the pen spring accelerator pump mod, not sure if that would help. One other thing, if I punch the throttle real quick, I notice the problem disappears. But if I hit it slow, it spits and sputters. Any ideas? Thanks.

One other thing, this is definitely not the parking brake switch, it's fully deleted.

It's just rich. Try running without the lid. But definitely lean it out.

I went out and rode a little today and also played with the pilot adjustment screw, I figured out that the hesitation was more towards 1/8 throttle then 1/4 throttle. I leaned it up a little and it definitely cleared up the hesitation, running a lot better. I hope this really was the problem, time will tell.

Thanks for the help anyways, I appreciate it!

Back