01 raptor 660 rear shock

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheese_05_70

Reaction score
I have an 01 raptor rear shock that the reservoir has been disconnected on it. Does anyone know a reasonable place that would recharge it? Is there's way to recharge it yourself? I don't know anything about these reservoir shocks so inform me please.

Take it to a shop and ask them to recharge it. You can do it yourself if you have a nitrogen tank. Do not use air.

Thanks thorrider your post got the gears going. I found a how to on rebuilding the shock. Fairly easy just have to take your time.

Is there any modifications that should be done while its apart? Piston valving or shim stack changing? Can't find much information on that... Anyone have any pointers? I know its an ancient Chinese secrets I'm asking for.

Changing the valving and shim stacks is all preference, i would ride it with stock settings and then adjust from there whether you want the rebound to be faster or slower and same for compression.

That's what I was thinking but just was curious of any modifications. It should work good fresh oil and recharged.

If you were wanting to modify the shims and valving how would you do it? How do the shims work? More is slower. Less is faster?

Thanks thorrider I'm learning.

Couldnt tell you cause ive never messed with that yet. All my shock service's have been done by a shop years ago. You could probly youtube or google it and find that answer. I do know that if you put the shims in upsidedown your valving will be way off, everything has to be set properly or the shock wont work right.

Sweet I will check it out tomorrow. I'm glad you said something because I forgot about the line being so short. If not I'm fairly sure that I could come up with something. A long car brake line with am adapter if necessary.

Will the bladder pop if the reservoir has been disconnected from the shock? Its easier to ask now. Than go look tomorrow. Lol

I'm looking into getting an '01 Raptor 660 rear shock and too have noticed the resi line is shorter than a stock Warrior. Does anyone know if you can use the stock warrior resi with the raptor shock?

yes you can or you can just clamp the 660 ressy on the upper sub frame rail on left side

Just received and installed my '01 Raptor 660 shock! Much stiffer. how much preload do you guys suggest for a 215 lbs person? lots of trail riding here

Back