YZ465 Warrior hybrid.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a few things done today, just little stuff. Still plenty more little stuff.
CAM00198.jpg

CAM00199.jpg

CAM00200.jpg

There ya go.. I made a hell of a mess cutt'n my front mounts off. lol
Thats a way better way of doing it.
Try to leave as many mounts buy the stem as you can to mount your CDI, and other bits. I kicked my ass for cutting to much stuff off before mock up.

I still think you should pick the front up a bit.. You still have lots of clearance to the bottom of the tank. To much rake will cause float problems in your carb.
You don't have to lift it much... Also remember that the more angle you have, the more intricate your headpipe is gonna have to be.

See how I sat mine.. I'm goning to put some heat reflective tape on the bottom of my tank eventually, just to make sure it doesn't melt. But the head only sits about 2 inches from the bottom of the tank.... It's the only way to do it.
Even then I still had to do some fancy bends in the headpipe to keep the length.
Quad14.jpg

Lmao.. I made some strong points about it.
Now you just need to weld some mounts in, and work on your kicker. :tup:

You do realize that your gonna have to hack the **** out of your plastic to right?
The fronts don't need much, your gonna have to at least modify the throttle side splash guard to clear your pipe.
The rear on that same side is gonna need the most work for your kicker to clear. I got a bit carried away cutting mine, I didn't really need to cut so much.
But there is also the option of banshee rear plastics.

Race cut man, I'm going to do the best I can to represent the YZ in this build. So things will be oldschool b/c that's what the bike is, gonna use oldschool DG BUMPER AND grab bar, stuff like that. Black frame with a silver swinger and arms, yellow race cut fenders, black seat YZ graphics. That's my vision anyway.

Do you mean like a full race cut, or just something subtle??
Your gonna need some gold wheels to man.. Thats a must!!

Last edited:
Yes! Goldies! What other old **** can we throw at it? How bout a boost bottle? Idk if it works for air cooled 2strokes, never really done anything with smokers.

I have a full set front and rears but you might need to fight Pat for the rears.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Yes! Goldies! What other old **** can we throw at it? How bout a boost bottle? Idk if it works for air cooled 2strokes, never really done anything with smokers.

ever heard of a banshee with NOS? of course it works!

The 465 & 490 had boost bottles stock. But!.... They didn't really work. They make the powerband twitchy, and actually kill the bottomend a bit. They do look kinda neat though.

Other stuff? How bout a "mono-X" sticker for the swingarm. Some black "rubber" shock covers, or even just black springs. The seat has to be black, and have "Yamaha" in white on the side..

ever heard of a banshee with NOS? of course it works!
Not nos..
A boost bottle just traps fuel in a chamber.. Then when you crack it WOT, and the powerband kicks in. The extra vacuum pulls the extra fuel in for a bit more power.

You can't run nos on these old air cooled motors, unless you have a custom CDI box.

Last edited:
Not nos..
A boost bottle just traps fuel in a chamber.. Then when you crack it WOT, and the powerband kicks in. The extra vacuum pulls the fuel in for a bit more power.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.... did not know that.

Latest posts

Back