YZ250F shifter

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am using an IMS Flightline YZ250 shifter. I have the recoil pull starter on mine so I had to put the shifter in my press and re-bend it to clear the pull start cover. I am very happy with the results. It now fits perfect and it feels much more accurate than the worn out linkage shifter, unfortunately I have not had a chance to ride the bike yet as I am still waiting for a few last pieces to finish it up. I will update you as soon as I get to ride it.

I was wondering how much it would take to make one work with the pull starter. My buddy just picked up an 88 and the linkage is in terrible condition, i can't stand riding it.

How exactly did you have to bend it? Did you bend it out away from the engine or some other direction?

I basically put it in my press and straightened the complete arm out then rebent it to fit. It has basically 90 degree bends in it now and pretty much puts it where the stock one was. Most people have said they had gained some space between the peg and shifter but after I was done I lost that additional space in making it clear the recoil. I will post up some pics tomorrow for you.

DSC01428.jpg

DSC01427.jpg

DSC01426.jpg

i just bought on ebay and wouldnt you know it just as fast a cleaner, nicer, and less expensive MSR popped up right after. Aint that a bitch

it looks just like the 426 one as it turns out it is one for the 450 i bent it out a bit but it still hits the bolt barely im gonna ride it tomorrow it it doesnt work back to get a 250 one

yea the main reason i went with the yf426f shifter is i researched and found that it sits almost where the stock on was and thats what i wanted so thats why i got it and i couldnt be happier. will be on the warrior for a year on christmas day.

no I meant ba9801 on page 1. sorry for not quoting my bad

Latest posts

Back