xc and woods riders, i need your help. (Updated)

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quote:0fda4vp7]+3's should be fine, but they'll be harder to find compatibile parts for. Mainly brake lines. You'll have to get longer brake lines for +3's to work, and most are only available in +2. Same thing with aftermarket tie rod sets, most are only available in stock or +2 width. I'm running +2 arms and wheels offset to add another inch on each side, and it's not too wide for any of the trails I ride. 2 inches is nothing. I'd still stick to +2 arms though just because of parts availability.

You will probably end up getting some extended braided brake lines eventually anyways. The stock lines may WORK with +2 arms, but it's a stretch and your braking performance starts to really suck because of it. When I switched to my extended arms the brake lever would pull to the handlebars and the tires would barely lock up in wet grass.

Like i said earlyer i can get anything wholesale so im going to get everyting from wicked and they have the +3 hoses and tie rods and everything has a lift time warranty. So i think i will be set with the 3's, if i can get those, what do you think?[/quote:0fda4vp7]

Go for it then. If I had the same resources as you I would have went with the +3's as well. I just got a great deal on the +2's and knew I needed new front wheels anyways.

K thanks guys im getting the summit bumper and the wicked +3+1 a-arms with brake lines and idk what im doing about my axle ill have to see when i get the a-arms.

I installed a +0 +2 adjustable Lonestar axle, and with it in stock width setting and offset rims, the rear wheels still come out more than my front tires which are running on +2 arms. The stock sized axle would probably be the way to go, as most everyone else has said.

Probly and i could use the extra money.

Anybody in the market for trading there stock axle for a lonestar dominator, then some money too?

Here's my Raptor's rear with the +2 G-force (2" per side). It's fairly wide. My front was about the same width. For a while I thought it was a little more narrow up front, but it was just cause of the negative camber I was running. They were the same width front and rear. Look at how wide my rear end is and imagine adding another inch to each side (on the front) and that's where +3s will get you. I'd stick to the +2s if I were you. Do whatever you want, but if you clip a tree at 40mph it's gonna friggin hurt...lol.

Picture623_edited-1.jpg

here ill wait and see what my friends +2's look like when he gets them in the mail then ill throw my rims on it and see how wide it is then ill see what i want to do.

K i went out to look at my a-arms and i mesured them and stuff well i found out that the stock width of the front from the outsides of the tires is 40" with the +3's it would be 46". Does anybody know how wide a z400 is stock?

K i went out to look at my a-arms and i mesured them and stuff well i found out that the stock width of the front from the outsides of the tires is 40" with the +3's it would be 46". Does anybody know how wide a z400 is stock?

I think they're around 44 stock

If your stock front is 40" than I'd definately get the +3s. 46" is prime width for XC racing. I'm not positive, but I'd have to think my Rappy was a little wider than that stock???

^^^^wernt you running offset rims on the front?

Ok then i think ill get the +3's because the Z doesnt seem that wide in the trails so i think 2 more inches could help me none the less.

When I first got it I did, until I snapped a few tie rods like twigs..lol. With the A-arms it was with the wheels the normal way, not flipped. Like I said, look at the pic and how wide my rear was, with the +2 arms my front was that wide too. Just makes me wonder if somehow the Rappy is wider up front than the Warriors are?

Maybe the stock wheels are slightly different offsets or something. That wouldn't be hard to believe, I know the rear wheels are definitely way different offsets, so the front could easily be the difference.

Back