wow another problem

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r350ridin

Reaction score
now my axle has slack in it, when i pull and psuh on it it moves back and forth a little, is that my bearings? if so are they expensive or hard to replace?

Is the free-play front to back, or side to side? You didn't say. It could just be loose axle nuts if it's side to side.

Your link doesn't work, but what you need are the 2 axle bearings and 2 seals. You can either get a pivot works kit or get the cheaper bearings and seals rockymountain sells individually.

If it was a perfect world, changing axle bearings would be fairly quick and painless. It never works that way for me. Axle nuts seize onto the axle, and the axle never wants to break loose from the bearings. It took me 4 days the first time I replaced them. The 2nd time wasn't so bad, because I greased the HELL out of everything the first time I replaced them.

yea and when i rode down the street to my buddy it started making this grinding like noise, like something was dragging under the quad but nothing was

That noise was probably your chain binding. Axle bearings are a pretty easy and cheap fix, as long as you can get the axle out.(then tend to sieze up). Bearings and seals here (canada) where about 50 bucks. I also recommend drilling a hole in the carrier and adding a grease fitting. Then when you are all done, fill the sucker full of grease!

that noise could have been a bearing drinding away at the inside of your carrier, replace them asap not kidding

alright thanks alot guys, dont i have to buy a tap and all that to put a grease fitting in there?

ok ive decided that im going to put the grease fitting in and buy a grease gun an all that since i have a 50 dollar gift card to auto parts, what all do i need and can i please have some directions on how to do it if you dont mind. thanks alot for the help guys

first buy a grease fitting and a matching tap and drill (same size as fitting) take a punch and hit it directly in the center of the carrier, in your desired angle...drill the hole where you punched a small dent and then take your tap and start threading it in straight with an ajustable wrench make sure to use wd40 and you might haqve to back it out and start over a few times with the tap......do all of this while the bearings are out, it is easier to do if it is mounted to the quad

i think i fucked up bad, i didnt take the set screws out of the axle nut and i think it took the threads off the axle unless the theads are really small on a rpator axle, this sucks well atleast i can get me an extended axle now lol

The raptor's axle nuts have set screws? The ones on the warrior don't, and they always seem to loosen themselves up.

if i did take the threads off, yo uthink icoudl wld the nut o nthere temporilly and gind the wleds off when i get a new axle

ok i dont think i fucked the axle up but i cant get these set screws out

If(when) you get the bearings out,instead of buying a ready-made set from some online distribuitor, pick up the phone book, and look under Bearings.

Bearings are standard across the planet, so if you take the inner races, and outer races to a GOOD bearing shop, they will have them in stock, and usually for a good 25% less than you can find them online.

Yea, but I highly doubt they'd have the seals, so you'd need to order those seperately. Seems like too much extra work to save 5 bucks.

Back