what oil to run

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olliepop2005

Reaction score
what oil do yall prefer i been running yamalube but its getting a bit expensive so yea can i get anything as long as its 10w30

It should be motorcycle or atv specific oil. I've heard you can use automotive oil as long as it doesn't have the energy conserving starburst on the label, but I don't know for sure that it's true, and not just a rumor that got passed around.

Be sure to get something that is wet clutch compatible or you'll have clutch problems. Valvoline makes a four stroke oil that is pretty cheap. I ran it until I switched to AmSoil.

yamalube is expensive?! how much is that stuff? from what i would guess, its probably the cheapest way to change your oil. i use maxima atv oil (semi-syn right now) but i would suppose it is more expensive than yamalube. i wouldnt really skimp on oil since it is the life-blood of your motor. pay a little more now, or a lot more later.

I'm paying $5.25 a qt for yamalube right now. Have had great luck with it, always used it in my streetbikes and now my quad.

The valvoline atv oil is good **** for this time of the year, but it is too thin and will start burning up a little during the summer heat. I'll probably run the yamalube or amsoil for the summer.

That is too thin for summer heat. When it gets to be 90 or in the 80's you'll need 20 - 40.

I,ve been Using Castrol 20-50 Since 1990................Motor has yet to be taken apart except for a clutch last year............

I dont do much if any winter riding..........So i dont worry about looking into thinner oils.

Back