What makes the edelbrock carb worth the money?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motion

Reaction score
ive got a 94 warrior that i picked up not to long ago.. and im thinking about doing a few things to it to wake it up a bit.. thinking about a pipe high comp piston , cam , and maybe a carb.. just wondering what gains are made with the different carb vs rejetting the stock carb ? Any ideas on a good inexpensive Pipe for it ? Thanks for the help

I hear they are awesome on this site, but I had talked to some big companies who do engine work, and said that an edelbrock has some problems and isnt too great a carb to run.

improves hp,better thorttle respnse, jetting is just a turn of a screew, gets rid of the stock carb bugs..

I never had any problems with mine, and i'd never go back to stock. Ever. The throttle response is much sharper and more responsive than stock. The edelbrock is very easy to get fine tuned, and designed really well so taking it apart and putting it back together is easy if you need to swap out the needle or clean it out. Mine starts and idles better than it ever did with the stock carb, and it doesn't even have a choke to mess around with. It does have a decent power gain, but the power gain is not as noticable as the other benefits, and wouldn't be worth the money if you were getting it for just the power alone.

For a good exhaust, there are quite a few good choices, depending on how loud you want it, and where you want your gains to be (low, middle, top, or all around). You'll hear people recommend HMF a lot, and I like mine, but it's loud and the gains are mostly in the low end so it's not for everyone.

Any ideas on a good inexpensive Pipe for it ? Thanks for the help

I'm gonna say Yoshimura TRS Tri-Oval, thats what I'm running, the power and throttle response is amazing. Looks real trick with the stainless header too

improves hp,better thorttle respnse, jetting is just a turn of a screew, gets rid of the stock carb bugs..

An' it's SHINY!! :eek:

,,,and made in the USA! ;D

all of theese things are true (we have one) it is amasing and probibly the best investment sence the pipe and filter, i am running a pro-flo intake kit with a white brothers e series, and that has woken it up quite a bit, i have to say the pipe just lets out hidden power no lie!

I curently dont have a Edelbrock yet but when I do my motor in winter I will be Investing in one. As for the Edelbrock vs a stock jetted carb The Bore (oval) on the Edelbrock is 32x36 I dont know what stock is but i think the edelbrock is a bit bigger.And for pipe I have a megamaxx and its a cheep pipe with a good sound and not a bad price tag and tune able.

^ correct me if I am wronge on the edel being bigger i am not positive .

~Eddie

^ correct me if I am wronge on the edel being bigger i am not positive .

~Eddie

Yeah, the edelbrock is a little bigger than stock. The edel is a 32x36 oval, the stock is a 32 round. Also, the stock carb has both a slide and a butterfly valve in it, so at full throttle the butterfly is causing a little turbulence and airflow restriction, vs the edelbrock where the only thing exposed in the bore at full throttle is the needle itself.

Back