what is the loudest four stroke pipe?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dg pipes are loud, but cobra's are louder, i know from experience. If you have an alba pipe you cant say DG's are a crappy pipe, i hate to tell you but you have the same exact exhaust. DG RCM and Supertrapp 4" are the same exact design and the alba is a perfect copy of the 170 dollar supetrapp race system. Not saying thats bad, in fact the supertrapp pipes are recomended by more motor builders than you think. (including powroll and FST if i remember right) Loud pipes dont always mean more performance, but essentially performance doesnt come quietly. So i would suggest a good pipe (yosh, big gun, WB e2) Something that can be tuned by way of something other than discs, i hate to say it but i was never a fan of using discs to restrict my exhaust flow.

Ok first of all why would you want a louder atv?
I mean for a motorcycle or sumtin its diffrent but atvs are already illegal to ride on some streets and some people hate them because their to loud... but seriously dont get a super loud pip go for somthing with a silncer in my opinion...

Exactly my point.

k koo i was thinking about a hmf befor but now i think i am ganna go with a yoshi does any one have any videos with a yoshi on there bike???

I can get a vid this weekend of my buddies on the Z400..so you can here it..were all riding for memorial weekend and doing some vids!

I'm getting a spark arrestor for my pipe... it's just to damn loud and disrespectful to others.

well...i was gonna suggest pro circuit T4, its a great soundin pipe that imo has better performance than an HMF or maybe even yoshi, they dont come cheap though. To me i think you have to listen to various pipes to see what you want :D

well...i was gonna suggest pro circuit T4, its a great soundin pipe that imo has better performance than an HMF or maybe even yoshi, they dont come cheap though. To me i think you have to listen to various pipes to see what you want :D

Considering that all 3 use the exact same design and principle the diffrence of gains between them would be small. HMF is the shortest so imo would yield the most torque.

Doesn't the pro circuit use discs? I know they call it a "tuneable" pipe, so I always assumed it had internal discs like the supertrapp ids2. I could be wrong, I never looked at one that close. I don't know how anyone can say that the pro circuit has better performance than an hmf or yoshi though, when all the good aftermarket silencers like these all gain about the same amount of power, just tuned to different ranges.

Buy anyways, when you compare them side to side even the HMF and Yoshi are pretty different in their power gains and construction. The yoshi is longer, and has a smaller core, so it focuses almost all of it's power gain on the top end and is comparatively quiet. The HMF is shorter, with a large diameter core, so it gains big bottom end, small top end, and is loud as hell.

I haven't ever seen discs for a T4, and I own it. Sad...Maybe..But I know you can buy different end caps for it, maybe thats what makes it "tuneable"...

I wouldn't really say the T4 has better performance then a hmf or a yoshi. Although I wouldn't know becuase I went from stock to the T4. But IMO I think that it sounds better.

How would I take out disks on my exhaust? I admitadly know little about quads (I am learning) so help is appreciated!

what i want to know is why would you want the loudest pipe out theirjust to piss people off?
Sure they sound cool but are one of the major problems that cause riding areas to close.

Loud pipes are the best way to shout "Hey, look at me - Im an ignorant white trash idiot who wants everyone to hate me" Snowmobile guys wised up after losing trails due to noise and fewer run loud pipes these days. Arent quads fun enough without making people hate us? I hope the loud pipe guys dont ruin it for those of us that just want to ride. Im glad aftermarket companies are starting to make quieter pipes for those that wont run stock. Dont get me wrong, when I was young and (even more) stupid I had loud exhausts on my cars until I realized I had to drive slower to keep the cops from noticing me.

what i want to know is why would you want the loudest pipe out theirjust to piss people off?
Sure they sound cool but are one of the major problems that cause riding areas to close.

How would I take out disks on my exhaust? I admitadly know little about quads (I am learning) so help is appreciated!

On the end of the pipe there should be 6 allen head bolts that you can take out, those are your discs, the more you take out the more quiet it is.

Doesn't the pro circuit use discs? I know they call it a "tuneable" pipe, so I always assumed it had internal discs like the supertrapp ids2. I could be wrong, I never looked at one that close. I don't know how anyone can say that the pro circuit has better performance than an hmf or yoshi though, when all the good aftermarket silencers like these all gain about the same amount of power, just tuned to different ranges.

Buy anyways, when you compare them side to side even the HMF and Yoshi are pretty different in their power gains and construction. The yoshi is longer, and has a smaller core, so it focuses almost all of it's power gain on the top end and is comparatively quiet. The HMF is shorter, with a large diameter core, so it gains big bottom end, small top end, and is loud as hell.

Yoshi is also Stainless, where HMF is aluminum. I just noticed you live in york, thats far from me but not too far. Ever hear of rock run recreation park? maybe we could hook up at the next poker run and ride.

[quote:sr6h8slg]Doesn't the pro circuit use discs? I know they call it a "tuneable" pipe, so I always assumed it had internal discs like the supertrapp ids2. I could be wrong, I never looked at one that close. I don't know how anyone can say that the pro circuit has better performance than an hmf or yoshi though, when all the good aftermarket silencers like these all gain about the same amount of power, just tuned to different ranges.

Yoshi is also Stainless, where HMF is aluminum. I just noticed you live in york, thats far from me but not too far. Ever hear of rock run recreation park? maybe we could hook up at the next poker run and ride.[/quote:sr6h8slg]

Na, never heard of it. I ride mostly up at tower city and rausch creek. I never went to a poker run, but i'd like to check it out sometime, so yeah maybe we could hook up and ride. How far do you think this place would be from york? Just a rough estimate.

Latest posts

Back