What carb to buy? Help!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dswwarrior350

Reaction score
Alright ever since i first jetted my warrior the pilot air screw has been stuck. It will not turn and i have no idea why. I beleive they are brass, do you think the brass may have become corroded and caused it to get stuck? Do you think some PB blaster will take care of it? I have always wanted to adjust this but never could, i have a backfire wheni let off the gas, i was going to buy a pilot jet to solve the problem because i cant move the screw, but no where around here has a pilot jet that is my size. Im gonna go check the local honda dealer( i know but they are the closest) I need a smaller main now that its hott out anyway.

Ahh im getting sick of the stock carburator. Its been nothing but problems, now all of the screws on the bottom are messed up cause ive taken it apart so many times. It runs like its lean, i go up on the main it gets super rich go back down it runs like its rich again, cleaned the carb inside out 3 times. I adjust the valves and it needs rejetted ( which is understandable) but then it a really big hassle when i have to take at least a 1/2 hour out of my time to jet it. I think im going to get a new carb, i was thinking i would get a kehin 38 millimeter out of dennis kirk for 254. Should i go the extra mile and get the edelbrock or do you think it will be too much for my modified motor. I know the edelbrock is all external adjustment, but if its anything like my dads kehin carb on his bike, id be willing to save the 200 bucks because they are much easier to get to the main jet and all the others.Plus the kehin is also a bigger MM. Im just trying to save money because i also needs new front tires. Give me some input guys!

I looked on alba and saw their white brothers carb, But whats the deal with the accelrator pump, i though all that did was give the motor somewhat of a small spit of fuel to keep it smooth, is it really neccesary, and will it make a big enough power diffrence to fork out nearly another 200 for it?

Sorry this is really the only area i dont know all that much about.

Does it backfire when letting off from WOT because if it does its most likely a lean main your best bet is to mix a little in gas carb cleaner in there for a few tanks and see if that helps if all else fails get an impact screw driver that would be ur best bet.

If you fine tune the accelerator pump it'll give you lightning throttle response basically. A larger carb won't exactly always give you more power, fuel atomization is the key factor. A smaller carb can give you more power since the velocity of the fuel/air mixture is increased and the fuel being more atomized. You don't want a carb that is too small, and that will choke when trying to run in the top end frequently. As for the edelbrock it was well worth it, that is pretty much all I can tell you! ;D If you haven't seen it in action just check out bad04warrior's vids in the video section, he was running one at the time.

I have had both carburetors (the keihin 38mm) and the Edelbrock (current); the edelbrock carb is by FAR better. I don't have to much else to say Boxhead covered all the main facts.

What makes it by far better?Response,adjustability etc...I guess the adjustability one was stupid to say because thats probably the only reason I want one haha

Latest posts

Back